Wow........

• Just had the new 2015 JK up on the lift.....There's all kinda things hanging down just waiting to get bent, mangled and ripped off at the first sign of a rock. Looking for skids around the web gets a little overwhelming. I'm not used to this kind of support and so many different choices......What would be your go to brand for underbody protection? I plan on adding bumpers, sliders at a later date and don't want a bunch of mismatching parts that I will have to replace.
    I don't mind spending the money as long as I know I only have to spend it once.

• I like JCR for armor... good prices, strong and made in the USA. I have their engine/trans skid. http://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JKArm/JKSD-GN.html Another good choice is Rock Hard, they have ring protectors for the bolts, making it easier to remove the skid after you beat it up. http://www.quadratec.com/products/12065_3X30_PG.htm Both skids leave the exhaust loop exposed (JCR has an add-on skid for that), but with my current wheeling style I don't think need it.

But you don't need to match the skids with bumpers and sliders... skids are skids and nobody will see them (well......). ;)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• many good companies, and many opinions. that being said, i love my river raider skids.

X2, if they made skids for TJ's I would have gone with them for sure , I saw their set up at OC Jeep Week, really nice from fit to finish, that being said I wound up going with the Under Cover Fab system, can't wait to get it installed .

• New exhaust with an exposed loop before the crossmember, and a different setup for the charcoal canister with a factory skid.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• New exhaust with an exposed loop before the crossmember, and a different setup for the charcoal canister with a factory skid.

That's one funky looking S pipe, not really sure what it's purpose is.

River Raider does have a nice set of skids that looks like they would cover the whole center section nicely....Plus their close enough to pick up and save on shipping.

• Don't forget the sales tax...

The loop is so both sides of the engine have equal lengths in the exhaust run, supposed to be more efficient in regards to scavenging and backpressure. There are kits to replace it though.

Jerry / Whatevah

• http://www.jcroffroad.com/BINB14.html Keep an eye here... you might decide to do an impulse buy. I know I'm eyeing their rear bumpers, really beat up my stock one in Moab.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!