• Hoopes is good, as is G&E. Keen can be a PITA unless you want to swap tanks as they don't fill them onsite. Watch for tank recerts too...most send them off which can take several days to a week but Hoopes can do them in house (and usually same day).

--Ian

• I've used Keen on Albe drive with no problems. But I have been swapping tanks. I like the last tank I got, so I may keep that one and just refill from now on.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• If I have the time to wait, I use Keen. If I need it while I wait, I go to the scuba/paintball shop in CCamden.

I use Keen in West Chester and they have to send it out. The guy was very worried about my Powertank getting stolen along the way since it's a good bit nicer than the normal CO2 exchange tanks. So far so good but he had me worried.

• OBA FTW.
    Sorry , I have nothing to add. ;D

Thought about CO2 but got a killer deal on my OBA. It gets used more than anything else on my TJ

I looked into OBA, but mounting underhood looks to be a PITA....The only space on drivers side is down low, tight and there might be a heat issue.....Passenger side the only space will be better used on a second battery. Looking at my needs ( Topping up tires ) C02 looks to best way to go....Plus it was cheaper.
    On my last rig, I built system using a York compressor and I ended up not using it nearly as much as I thought I would.

• Keen on rt 9 and 495 (port of wilm) fills the tanks on site but they dont fill every day. I use them because i have an account. Its usually around $25.

• For my 2011 JKU . Im going electric like Jerry did. Eventually.

I like my Viair setup, but it's slow filling the tires up from 12psi (ok, faster than a gas station pump, but nowhere near the speed of a York or CO2). I want to upgrade the compressor (Viair 450C currently, their fastest 100% duty cycle) at some point, maybe add a second compressor. I've got plenty of space to fit a second compressor next to my current one. But, I went with this compressor because... I already had it, could not afford to waste space for the CO2 tank (2 door!), and a single CO2 tank wouldn't last my entire CO/UT trip. Plus, at some point, I want to hook up an air horn and you really need an air tank for that. :)

On the 07-11 JKs, there's a nice bolt-in kit that mounts a compressor and 2.5gal tank around the engine bay, but it won't fit in the 2012+ JKs. So, I was forced to mount the tank under the back of the Jeep... which involved replacing the exhaust to mount the tank where the muffler used to be. I believe on a 4 door, you might be able to squeeze it in somewhere without replacing the exhaust, but that wasn't an option for me.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I use G&E welding supply in newark. They charge $20 and they fill it while you wait, takes about 5 minutes and they have a showroom full of tools to drool over while you wait. They do send out if he tank needs certified and it takes about a week. They also sell some nice brackets to mount tanks to the tub.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!