Gallery uploads

• What do you mean? You can't figure out how, or it breaks during the process?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Sorry....should have explained better. I get an error message:

"Your change cannot be completed due to a loss of session data. Please try again. If it still doesn't work, try logging out and logging back in."

I just learned something a moment ago. The problem seems to be with Firefox. I tried using Explorer and the uploads worked fine. So, now I need to figure out what's so different about Firefox. Can any Firefox users chime in?

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

Edited once, last by Chief57 ().

• Sounds like it might be deleting cookies... haven't run into that with the Chrome browser. I even uploaded a photo from my phone to test.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Firefox works fine for me still.

Keith (or any other Firefox user), can you please tell me what to check or uncheck with Firefox so I can use my DEJA gallery? Am totally stumped.....and getting angrier by the minute. The process of adding pictures to our forum posts has always been tedious to me -- and I wish someone would show me that I'm just doing it wrong. Now, I can't do it at all...I get the usual error message about "session data." If I want to share a cool Jeep-related picture with the group, what's the quick and easy way to do it? Thanks.

• Keith (or any other Firefox user), can you please tell me what to check or uncheck with Firefox so I can use my DEJA gallery? Am totally stumped.....and getting angrier by the minute. The process of adding pictures to our forum posts has always been tedious to me -- and I wish someone would show me that I'm just doing it wrong. Now, I can't do it at all...I get the usual error message about "session data." If I want to share a cool Jeep-related picture with the group, what's the quick and easy way to do it? Thanks.

First off, which of the 5 or so upload options are you trying to use in the gallery?

• First off, which of the 5 or so upload options are you trying to use in the gallery?

It looks like what I do is "Add Item" to an album, then use the "From Web Browser" tab. I browse for the file on my computer, then select it. For a down and dirty upload just to share something with the gang, I may not add a caption. Then I hit the "Add Items" button.

• Forgive my lack of posting skills, but are we not yet at the stage where we can copy and paste images into a forum post? Even when the gallery works fine, it's still (for me) a laborious process of uploading pictures to my gallery just so I can add them to a post I'm making on the forums. Wish it were more streamlined, but then I am not particularly web-savvy.

• Posted what I wanted...finally...using IE instead of Firefox. I will look at cookie settings again and maybe find a clue to the problem. Thanks Keith.

• I know we tout the gallery as a member benefit but to be honest imgur is far and away easier to use.

Well, we are a major revision behind and as of June 2014 the author has decided to end support and updates for it.

I've always liked it but maybe it's time to move on.

Jerry,

Is there a downside to allowing attachments directly to posts?

• I understand, but for many Tapatalk is more of a pain in the arse than anything else. Especially if you DON'T use it as you will regularly get pop-ups and prompts trying to convert you to use it. That makes it fall under the category of spam in my book.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!