Secure browsing on DEJA (SSL/HTTPS connections)

• I have secured an encryption certificate for the website. This means that if you wish, you can browse the website via a secured connection so your login passwords and anything else cannot be easily read by hackers (more important on public wifi like at the coffee shop).

To take use of this new option, simply change your bookmarks to https://www.delawareja.com/forum/ the important part is adding the "s" after the traditional "http". It varies by browser, but somewhere on the address bar will be a padlock icon when you're on an encrypted connection. Feel free to PM me direct or reply with relevant questions.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Does this affect TAPATALK?

If this forum asks me if I want to install Tapatalk one more time, I'm gonna go :rolleyes:.

I've seen the setting in the Admin screens to get rid of the prompt. Is anyone else getting that a couple times a week? It has to go IMO. :shrug:

• Or get Tapatalk, its actually a great app. Plus it's free.

I don't like a lot of apps running in the background. The worst offenders tend to be apps that constantly wake your device like forum software and things like FB. The only app I have for Facebook is Tinfoil for FB and it's there to block FB from prying.

• I think the main benefit is readability. Much easier to manage on a smaller screen. Chrome does a pretty good job too, but after using both, Tapatalk wins IMHO.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• If this forum asks me if I want to install Tapatalk one more time, I'm gonna go :rolleyes: .

I've seen the setting in the Admin screens to get rid of the prompt. Is anyone else getting that a couple times a week? It has to go IMO. :shrug:

I get it all the time. Thats why I rarely go on the forum on my phone. It's annoying.

• Really? That message is turned off. I haven't seen it in months.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I only see the Tapatalk message when I delete my cookies/history periodically. Once I hit the close button on the popup I don't see it until the next time I delete them. I do have the Tapatalk app so maybe that's why. I'm also using Chrome as my browser. :shrug:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!