DynoMax exhaust

• I got a hold of an inexpensive dynomax exhaust for the JKU recently. I wont be installing it until it warms up a bit but I was thinking that I am not a fan of two things...one is the chromed tips..and the other is how the muffler sits. Id like to paint both black when i get the chance.

The muffler shouldnt be an issue since its not really coated with any thing as far as i know...im probably just going to use a can or two of the high heat auto spray paint on that.

as for the tips...will the paint hold over the chrome coating? or would i need to treat it some how to prep it for painting?

2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door (JKU)*SOLD*
    2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    DE tag : OIF 118
    Honk if you see me!

• ive already got an intake so i figured the exhaust was the next step for a little sound and pep

maybe a tuner at some point.

2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    Honk if you see me!

• For chrome you're going to have to do a fair amount of prep before painting. You'll need to scuff it to the point where there's no shiny stuff left, then use a self-etching primer, then paint. I did this to a pair to light housings I got over the summer. I'll see if I can find pics or the thread...

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• that heat tape would probably work well for the exhaust, add a little protection from ricks and such.

im sure it would get crushed with some intense wheeling, unfortunately i have yet to really get off road at a part so its all beach/dirt trails for me

would you be able to snap a pic of it with out the tips? i honestly didnt even think about that and im rather curious.

2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    Honk if you see me!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!