When & Why DeJA?

• Hmmm Been a long time. I'm thinking it was in 2002 when Mackenzie (my youngest daughter) was only about 4 months old (Christmas time) that we were at AI duPont with her. She had some kidney issues that have since been resolved. One of the nurses brought her a toy and put it in her crib with her. When we asked about it, they told us that a great group of Jeepers brought toys for them every Christmas and they were free to hand them out as seen fit. He thought she'd like it. I started asking around and found out that Paul (Wanderlust) who I worked along side of in my job, was part of the club. I had just bought an 00' TJ and him and I started talking Jeeps and Jeeps for Joy. I wanted to be part of the club that provided toys for those kids. I know how much it meant to me to have a stranger give my kid a toy at Christmas time. So I joined and the rest is history. I don't own that jeep anymore but I've never let my membership in the club run out. Over the years I've enjoyed helping run JFJ and the club and LOVE seeing others step up and take charge of it. I've gotten to meet a lot of people that I call friends and like knowing that most, if not all, members of this club would bend over backwards to help another person out. It's truly a great group of people. Seasons in life have left me unable to be as active a member as I used to be, but someday I hope to be able too again!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• can't seem to remember
    I think I did a Google search for Delaware jeep club after buyng my yj
    mwemt to some meetings at the motel
    and just hung around for a while :shrug:
    wish I could be more active

• I think it was 2007 or 2008. Went to RC once with my rubicon and got hooked. Aaron Ed laurie, and Randy were leading a Jeep 101 class that I still remember to this day.

• I joined in late 2013. Id been hunting for a good jeep club since I moved north from Virginia Beach in 2012. Im still active with a club there so I had been going south to wheel before I found deja.
    You guys wheel alot and everybody Ive met has been cool. Those are my pre-requisites :mrgreen: :up:

• I moved Central America in 2001 and sold my TJ to friends. I had already been on jeepforum.com since spring of 2001 and then I saw someone mention DeJA's existence. I searched online until I found the website and signed up for the website I think in January of 2002. I ordered another TJ from the factory in June 2002 so immediately sent in my money to be a paid member. Made some cool friends even then while online and even had a bunch of hand-carved mahogany plaques of DeJA made and shipped them back to the states for a few of them. I moved back to the USA that fall and attended my first meeting at the TGIF in Dover. Was promptly just about kicked out over a sticker issue (yes) but stuck around and met some cool folks. Aside from a paid membership lapse of a couple years, I've been around ever since. Met a Jeep Chick at a meeting, married her, and the rest is history. That alone seems like it was a great reason to stick around! :)

One of the plaques

The mentioned Jeep Chick and myself at GWNF (her Jeep)

• My story goes back to the founding fathers too 1998-99 ... Steve Smith had just started the board, and his brother. I had an 89YJ. Back when ignorance was bliss and the C & D Canal was fair game. Remember some guy Randy (forget last name). There was Lynee (sp) and of course Paul and Arron. As the club progressed, and organized, I remember Joe (BBD) becoming the first paid member, I think I was 2nd or 3rd. Soon got the CJ-8 and that has been my baby for the last 15 years. I remember the vote on the name DEJA was proposed and stuck real fast.. I am proud to be part of a great club, and to have had a part in starting Jeeps for Joy and the annual 4th of July surf fishing tournament.

How the years go by

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I remember looking at the forums for general Jeep info around the Fall of '07 when I was shopping for a Jeep, bought a Jeep in early December that year right when '08 memberships were opening up and paid for my membership right after that. Lurked for a while and then posted up I needed a hand removing a stripped bolt holding my steering box in while I was trying to install a skid. Solomi graciously offered to help with it and then he convinced me to go to Big Dogs with him and J-man. After that started going to meetings and more trail rides and it was all downhill from there. So basically it's Sal's fault that I'm here.

• I think I was member number 6, been here since the beginning. Remember early meetings at the Dover Mall, Comfort Inn and TGIFridays.
    Like Steve, I have a faint recollection of meeting up at the C&D canal for a "trail ride." I think I have a blackmail picture around here somewhere....

If my memory serves me, I remember talking to Paul aka Wanderlust on the QuadraTech forum about trying to form a Delaware Jeep Club.

I created the logo for the club, remember arguments at the Comfort Inn about different submissions. I believe DrJ tweeked it somewhat awhile ago, making the state bigger and moving the Est. 2001.

It's been a great club over all these years and I'm proud of having a small hand in it.

-Joe

• first joined in 2002. met a lot of great people. Left for a short time in the 2005-2006 timeframe but ended up coming back even though i didnt have a jeep. that changed in 2012 and im still here. Im only here because no one told me to go home (same way i met my wife) :roflmao: :roflmao:

• I joined in late 02 or early 03, not sure. I read about Steves accident on Pirate.
    I wheeled my full size one year old pick up truck at Steves benefit ride at paragon. I was at the first weekend our club was at Rausch Creek (2nd weekend they were open). I think i was at the first canal cleanup, it may have been the 2nd, not sure.

I have made many great friends from the club, and my best friends i met thru the club or thru friends of the club. I had 2 roomates i met thru the club. I had a job for over 8 years with some one from this club. I honselty think if it werent for this club i would have gotten bored with DE back in 04 and moved back to MI.

So why do i stay hanging around this club, even though i dont have a jeep anymore?

• I started with this club when I met Rob in a pep boys parking lot and he said "Hey, I am thinking about starting a Jeep club with my brother, you in?"

Maybe late 99/early 2000.

Moved a couple times, but still hang out here upon occasion

• Joined as "theyell01" in November 2005 because of "chukwagen" introducing me to a monthly meeting at what used
    to be the Lobby House in Dover. Few months later Woody and Flutterby allowed me to follow them to the Carslile Jeep show and I
    got the bug to start dumping every spare dollar I had into the tj. Life happened somewhere around late '08 early '09 and I was jeepless for a while. Started to come back around thanks to a '91 yj that helped me through some tough times around 2010-2011 and thanks to that
    yj and a LOT of help from other members I was able to upgrade to a 2007 JKU in 2013 and the rest is history.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!