When & Why DeJA?

• Not really Jeep Talk but more of a Club Talk. I know we have some members & guests that have been around from the beginning so lets get some background on our DeJA Family!

When did you join DeJA? How long have you been around? What's kept you around?

• I've been with Deja since the beginning in 2000 (?). I was a PAJeeps member and met Aaron at Paragon. He told me about DEJA and I joined because it was more local to me than PAJeeps and thought it would be more fun to meet locals who were into their Jeeps. I stuck around because of the good people I met. I've enjoyed helping others with their Jeeps over the years and have been thankful to have had people help me with mine. The club has proven itself over the years to be a respectable group in the eyes of other clubs.
    I love the diversity of the club members, the diversity of the Jeeps (although we need more CJs :innocent: ), and the fact that there is a wide range of activities the club gets involved in.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I officially joined DeJA when I got my jeep in May 2005, prior to that I'd already been attending meetings, GWNF Campouts and been to the Pine Barrens with Woody after he got his Jeep in 2004. After the 1st GWNF Campout I remembered why I had always wanted a jeep, was just never in a position to get one. Over the years we have made great friends, some are still involved in the club some not, some have moved away but we keep in touch and some are looking over us from above.

I couldn't ask for a better group of people to raise my kids around, due to Woody's shift work half the time I out by myself with the kids and they say it takes a Village, well we have that right here. I remember potty training Jace on a weeking campout truly roughing it in the woods, Matt fascinated catching bugs and critters to show everyone and now Sammi who would rather ride in Mommy's jeep then Daddy's.

We've seen weddings, babies and losses. Had more laughs then I can count and some I just don't remember, alcohol may have been involved :rollsmile: I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

• I also joined in May 2005 (at a Hooter M&G) shortly after I got my XJ. Seemed like a good group of people and I wanted to support the club. I've stayed around because it still is a good group of folks and many good memories from offroading, beach trips and wrenching... I don't really camp much, so I've never been to GWNF, maybe after I build the trailer. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I joined late in 2010, shortly after buying my YJ. I've had lots of fun getting to know fellow Jeepers and also getting involved with JFJ. I've made more than a few friends here and hope to continue to do so for years to come! Of course there's been a few times of tension but we're all adults and it passes quickly. I can honestly say that without the help and support of y'all DEJA peeps, I probably would've become so frustrated with my Jeep that I'd have bought a Hummer! :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I joined late 09 early 2010. Joined primarily just to tag along on the trail rides not realizing what I was really in for. I have had multiple jeeps in the past but no one to share the passion with(especially my Ex). My first club trail ride was with Luke and Neil, all i can say is I remember it like it was yesterday. This jeep family is top notch and I love everything about being a member. I would like to thank the people here that have showed both Laura and I, (Laura who had never been exposed to the wheeling life), all that they have. Laura has found something that she never thought she would enjoy so much, that last this past Monday we bought her a 1989 YJ.(now I just have to teach her how to drive a stick) My daughter will be next with a XJ.... Great club with even better people, that's a combination that is hard to find...

• Joined in 2010 after I got my first Jeep (TJ) Everyone is very helpful in giving advice on issues relating to Jeeps. I have used this advice on many occasions and it has allowed me to enjoy ownership with my 02 and now 03. I also like the charitable nature and unlike another website I frequent the discussions are mainly focused on Jeeps and there is much less drama. I'm almost 71 and feel young again when I am wheeling with my Jeep. :mrgreen:

• Joined in 2011. First trail ride was with Luke, Neal, Bob, loved the experience, the knowledge base.

Stayed because of the people.

I remember thrashing my street jeep that day and rescuing Bob on the way up. Broke up with the girl that was ridding with me while out on the trail. That was an interesting rest of the day and ride home. Funny, we are married with kids now.

• I lurked for a while on here during the Dr. J as President days and was completely turned off to the site. I looked at BMJA and PA Jeeps but a couple members from here, ZEKE, SLOPAR, J-Man, Joo, and a few others were part of a splinter group called TrailDamage.com.

After wheeling with them a bunch, things settled down here and the rest is history. I now can honestly say that some of my best friends are from DEJA. :hug:

• I think I first joined right after 9/11. I went from being
    VERY employed to unemployed overnight so i took to
    forums out of boredom and hopes of sourcing a new
    job. I was on my 9th or 10th jeep at that point and was
    just starting to tinker - been a great source of info and
    local help ever since.

• I think it was 2009/2010 when I signed up as a guest. I just bought my 2010 JK and was new to Delaware looking for places to test out the 4wd. I did my first trail ride with Randy (Shorebird), Andy, and a few others during a DEJA offroading 101 at RC. I smashed my rear fender on a tree with barely 500 miles on a new stock jeep, I've been hooked ever since and have met some really great people out on trail rides, the surf, and meetings.
    This club is good times when you can get away from the keyboard!

• Joined as a member somewhere in the '02(?) timeframe. I can't remember exactly (what'd I have for lunch again?) but it was long enough to remember some 'real' drama...we'll just say I remember all the threads from the 'original' forum and the DrJ reign and... :suspicious: I had lurked for a LONG time before posting and joining up for a trailride to Paragon. Even when things were rough in the club I was a proponent of DEJA of only because it was my 'local' club. Out of all the organizations I've been a member of I can honestly say this one is the only one that I'd sit down and share a drink with pretty much any member despite any differences. Hell, along with a few others I can say I met my wife through deja.

--Ian

• Short timer here, Sept of last year. Decided last summer to get another Jeep. Figured I wanted to join something local and had heard of this place years ago.
    I've meet a few people on hear so far, seems to be a good bunch of people.....Plus the club wheels every month, which is a big plus for me.

• 2003, Do the math, My love of drama of course. ;)

Don't be a tool, some of us still love ya anyway! You helped ran this club and helped to bring it back after a serious bout of drama. We had a lot of fun on the BOD, pissed people off here and there but that happens. The addition of the moderators helped take some of the heat off the BOD when it comes to some stuff, but everything gets handled pretty quick if its a major issue. But eventually trolls go away and they can be entertaining at times :)

• I used to lurk on here as a guest years and years ago when I had a YJ. Had to get rid of the YJ and fell off for a while. Came back in 2011 maybe(?) when I picked up my old CJ and then went through the CJ, a ZJ, and now on my JK. I remember my first trip to RC in the ice in January with Sal riding shotgun with me.

I've met some really cool people here and plenty of people that I hang out with outside of "Jeep" or club events as well.

Obviously as with any internet activity there is always going to be some sort of drama. However my goal in life is to stay out of drama so I typically pay no mind to things I see on the interwebs.

• Late 2014. I had been browsing other Cherokee forums and was having a difficult time connecting with local people so I googled DE Jeep clubs and this one popped up. Browsed for a while and decided to join thinking someone here could offer some advice or direction on mods for the Jeep. I figured a wealth of knowledge is better to learn from than hard earned lessons.

• I remember thrashing my street jeep that day and rescuing Bob on the way up. Broke up with the girl that was ridding with me while out on the trail. That was an interesting rest of the day and ride home. Funny, we are married with kids now.

As the world turns... lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!