questions for CJ owners

• can someone give me the measurements of a CJ7 or CJ5 radiator??

looking for one with an automatic as i am looking to see if it will fit into my FJ40.. going to be swapping an auto into my fj40 and want to have adapter ports on the bottom of the radiator..

looking for height and width and also what side inlet and outlet are on..

• cause i really did not want to as i already have to mount my a/c condenser to the radiator in front of it..

can a trans cooler be mount someplace else besides in front of the radiator..

• Not near mine so I can't measure right now but I did find this on another forum:

Aluminum Griffin radiator for my CJ. The core measures 17" wide, 19" tall and 22" wide across the tanks, crossflow.
    A general rule of thumb is multipling the core dimensions for engine ci.
    In this case 17 x 19 = 323 cubic inch engine max.
    This rad would fit perfect in a CJ grill shell.

Also this:

Sounds like FJ and CJ radiators are very similar. Stock FJ radiator measures 19" tall x 18" wide, but theres room in my '71 to go as wide as 24" before having to deal with clearance issues with the headlights.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• It not as much the dimensions of the rad , but the locations of the inlet and outlet ports . The lower port can easily run into clearance issues with engine accessories once the hose is attached.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• can a trans cooler be mount someplace else besides in front of the radiator..

Yes. Get a heat sink trans cooler or a stand alone unit that is self contained with its own fan assembly.
    Jegs and Summit racing sell them.

• if you decide it's not worth the hassle, feel free to drop it off at my place....no questions asked......you can just leave it here with the title and go about your day........

LOL hope all is well. Haven't seen on the board in a while..... :driving: :driving: :spinrhead: :spinrhead:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!