license plate

• well, i took care of my license plate bracket problem. i crushed it and folded back my plate last weekend at rausch creek. this ought to fix it for good. it's wrapped around the tub, bolted on at the bracket's mounting points, and rivitted in three places on the leading edge at the side of the tub.
    chris

• I was thinking of going to the TJ style liscense plate holder. My plate is mangled. Why did you change?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• did anyone ever find a license plate holder to mount in the spare tire, my tag holder is always getting nicked up and i think it would look neat in the middle.

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• kevin,
    i think it would be pretty easy to fashion one out of some heavy guage tin. one round piece with the lug holes punched out...rivet on some standoff brackets, and then rivet another piece to that for bolting the plate too. i have a rivet gun at my house right now if you want to try and make one....no tin though :(
    chris

• Quote from "quadna71"

kevin,
    i think it would be pretty easy to fashion one out of some heavy guage tin. one round piece with the lug holes punched out...rivet on some standoff brackets, and then rivet another piece to that for bolting the plate too. i have a rivet gun at my house right now if you want to try and make one....no tin though :(
    chris

hmmm....It might be a good use for those rear hubs I pulled off of the tapered axles. They are already the right bolt pattern. I would just need to run longer bolts though the mounted spare and maybe rig up a spring loaded fold down mechanism for the liscense plate.

There's ANOTHER item on the "to do" list.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!