Seat belt assembly

• I've got a problem with what I'm calling the "seat belt assembly" on the passenger side of my 98 TJ. This is the little box on the floor with the springs, gears and such. I accidentally damaged it, knocking off the plastic cover and a couple of parts, including one little piece that has a ball bearing in it. The white plastic gear also came off, but I put it back in place for the picture below.

Is this repairable? Can these be found in junk yards? What's the usual route when these things break? I know this isn't the "for sale" forum, but does anyone have a spare? Thanks.

[img height=769 width=1200]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=46480[/img]

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Just my opinion but as the seatbelt is a major safety device, I would replace it. During an accident when it's crucial that the belt works is not the time you want to find out that the repair was not effective.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• The T45 torx bolts holding these on can be a real bear to break free. The bolts all have locktite on them. Impact wrench in shor bursts should break them free. You should replace. As Jeremy stated. You can buy new from Quad.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• The T45 torx bolts holding these on can be a real bear to break free. The bolts all have locktite on them. Impact wrench in shor bursts should break them free. You should replace. As Jeremy stated. You can buy new from Quad.

I've actually had all seat belts totally removed from the vehicle when I did the spray-in bedliner last September, so removing them again will be a no-brainer. OK, you two have convinced me to buy new.....not what I wanted to hear dammit!

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Better to hear that than, "You should have just bought a new one" after the fact.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Close goole jeep seatbelts. Its pretty easy.

http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/p…HhG1LgIwC3TInQaAjUr8P8HAQ

• IIRC, the place is called Seatbelt Solutions. I believe they are a manufacturer that doesn't sell direct to consumers. It's the belts that QUADRATEC and a few other vendors carry. You can choose from like 20 colors for the belts. Look them up on Qtec, that's where I got mine from. Aaron really likes them! :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!