Fish Tales From Slower Lower

• I'm going to have to start getting up with you guys. Once I get Slimer fixed I just might.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Andrew (Jeeprubicon) and his family and I went out for a while today. The weather was great, the fishing slow, but still a nice day until the flies showed up. They cleared the beach in about 30 minutes.

Here a few pics...

A few more HERE

• The Jeep's all packed. My family is heading down in the morning. We'll probably fish until after lunch then come home, get cleaned up and go to the Lobby House. We'll be at Steward's Crossing if anyone else is coming out.

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

Well its like Keith said ,
    not much fish to be had but man what a great day on the surf

Looks like the scenary was pretty nice. :rollsmile:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Planning on fishing Saturday 7/16. I think we are planning on Keybox Crossing. Getting out around 2pm and staying until ?. I plan on bring my small propane grill for burgers and dogs. Feel free to bring anything you may want to grill.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• It looks as if we might do Gordons in the morning instead of Keybox in the pm...sounds like as of late, if your not on early you may not get on?

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• yeah gordans is small and gets packed easily.
    im plannign on going out tom sometime just not sure when yet
    prob gonna go to state park
    weather permitting of course

• Just got a PM from Patti. She'll be at Faithful Steward today. :wavey:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Several of us ventured out this evening/morning.

Andrew (Non waving post padder) and his family, Sara and her roommate Nick, Paula (soon to be member I believe), Patti and her daughter Amy joined us later.

A few small fish were caught, biggest catch was a FAT stingray that Nick caught and Paula landed.

It was another memorable night on the beach with good friends.

Couple more HERE

• Quote from "Keith_C"

Andrew (Non waving post padder) and his family,

OUCH man that cut me deep
    really hurt my feelings
    LOL........j/k
    man what a great nite good times with great friends and family
    the lighting show was awsome all nite
    every one should do this at least once

• Paula and I are headed out to Gordon's Pond for a couple hours. :rollsmile:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Well, I'm home from this weekend and we had a great time. My daughter Amy & I had Mom & daughter re-bonding weekend at the beach. As stated previously, we met up with the Southern Beach Division Saturday night and hung out till about 12:30 am- (Amy was starting to fall asleep) so we packed it up and headed back to our campsite at Indian River.

Sunday we went north to Cape Henlopen and about 1:30 ish we got a thunder and lightning storm. We waited it out then packed up and headed home around 3. We had a nice weekend but we both agree that weekends are just not long enough anymore.

Here are some pictures I took Saturday night.

[imghttp://www.delawareja.com/gallery/data/500/12PICT1499.JPG[/img]

The rest are here:

http://www.delawareja.com/gall…ser=12&cat=500&password=0

• As always, had fun Saturday night with the Southend gang. It was good to have Patti and Amy with us. The more the merrier. Paula (00Grand) is getting to be a regular, too.

Paula and I went out to Gordon's Pond Sunday evening around 6:30 with her kids Zachary and Sydney. Didn't catch anything, but something swam through Paula's line and took it right out of the sand spike. When she reeled it in, there was nothing there but the line, whatever it was broke the line and she lost her rig, sinkers and all!!!

The beach was completely deserted and we had a nice breeze. The kids had fun digging ghost crabs. We left a little after 8 'cos GP closes at sunset.

Paula has a few pics that maybe she'll post.

• Me and 00Grand are going to Faithful Steward tonight after dark if anyone wants to join us. :wavey:

• South. I'll be leaving here in about 30 minutes.

• Well, Friday night was gorgeous.

After the clouds cleared, we were left with a nearly full moon and just a very pleasant evening.

Jen (JC1121) and I met at Wawa and headed down to Faithful Steward where we joined up with Sara (SarasGP) and Nick.

We had a surprise visit from Chris (Quadna71) and Erica (Icky).

Paula (00Grand) showed up a little later.

We all just kinda hung out, fishing was pretty slow. Lots of skates.

We had a visit from Johnny Law. Luckily Sara and Nick each had 2 rods in or it might have been a problem. (Make note to self: Have line in even if not really fishing)

We left around 1:30 or so. It was a nice night.

Today Jen and I met Jason (Jwalk) and Sandy (Skinsfan) just off of the conquest crossing . Not much going on fishing wise, but it was a nice sunny day. The kids had fun. A little girl on a scavenger hunt came by and we were able to help with a couple items. She came back by later and told us she had won.

Another TJ owner was right next to us. Jason talked to him more than I did.

That's about it.

I'm sure a few of us will be back out tomorrow.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!