Fish Tales From Slower Lower

• Quote from "Keith_C"

Another TJ owner was right next to us. Jason talked to him more than I did.

Yes, he owns the red Jeep. It was interesting talking to him. He mentioned something about Deja so I inquired further... and no crap this is what he said "I was going to join, but I was told not to bother there a bunch of A%#oles"

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :repuke: :rasp:

• I'm headed out now to Conquest Rd. :spinrhead:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• I didn't see a single fish... wasn't looking real hard either.

But what a glorious day to be on the beach.

And, as anyone that's been following some of the other threads here of late knows, Andrew (Jeeprubicon) has been very concerned with the loss of hair he's been suffering and the imminent baldness that awaits him. So as a favor to him I've fixed up a pic for him and am hoping everyone will tell him that he looks even better without hair.

Thanks for helping my buddy out thru this tough time.

Present

A year or two... maybe.

What a stud he's gonna be.

Few more pics HERE

• HOLY CRAP.................. :upset:
    man i cant believe u did that to me
    i will so pay u back for this
    it is pretty funny tho. :laughing:

all in all it was a great day to be on the surf
    had a blast
    and got one in my ear again
    dam air horn
    hope it breaks

• Sorry if I offended anyone. :doh:

DeJA South and the DeJA South Surf Fishing Team are figments of my imagination; I coined the phrases as a joke back in April or May and it caught on. We are not sanctioned by DeJA nor are our outings pre-planned or exclusive. I believe that a lot of the pic posting that is done is to generate interest and get more people to join us. I really enjoy seeing what other members and non-members do with their Jeeps and their families. We all share our joys and sorrows about everything from births to deaths and I'd like to see it continue.

:updown:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

Edited once, last by ().

• Quote from "SarasGP"

[size=24px]DISCLAIMER[/size]

DeJA South and the DeJA South Surf Fishing Team are figments of my imagination; I coined the phrases as a joke back in April or May and it caught on. I started this thread about a week after GWNF II because I has such a good time and wanted to share my Jeepin' on the beach surf-fishing fun with anyone else who would enjoy it. JeepRubicon (and family) and I started going regularly and then Keith and others became regulars also. We are not sanctioned by DeJA nor are our outings pre-planned or exclusive. I believe that a lot of the pic posting that is done is to generate interest and get more people to join us. I really enjoy seeing what other members and non-members do with their Jeeps and their families. We all share our joys and sorrows about everything from births to deaths and I'd like to see it continue.

Please also note that this thread is under "Off Topic". I started it there so the outings would not be confused with DeJA sanctioned events.

So what did I spend all that money to get my membership card and # for ?

• OOOPS - He caught us Andrew, now we'll have to give him back the $300. There goes my lift :shrug:

• Quote from "SarasGP"

OOOPS - He caught us Andrew, now we'll have to give him back the $300. There goes my lift :shrug:

$300 ? I gave Andrew an extra $250 to get the low number...

Boy do I feel Slow & Stupid...

• You might have something there, Sara....meetings on the beach, focus on some serious fishing, badges for beach rescues, trips to out-of-state beaches, no rock armor, ocasional beach clean up...service of some sort for the park rangers...

(Simon...wants a DENREC decal on the doors)

• Quote from "Simon"

ocasional beach clean up...service of some sort for the park rangers...

(Simon...wants a DENREC decal on the doors)

That might just work Simon. This area usually has a beach grass planting day, and a different day for beach clean-up. It might be another way to give back to the environment for all the time we spend on the beach.

Don't know about the DNREC decal tho' :razz:

• Since I work for DNREC, I will find out what "we" as a club may be able to do. I know they have the beach grass planting and clean-ups but I think that may be all. I will check into it!

1990 YJ, 4&quot; Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• We talked about a beach clean up last year but decided to concentrate on the Canal.

We can see what more interest will generate. :shrug:

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

why not both ?

There was concern that it might drain the clubs resources and hurt the canal cleanup. I think we are getting enough members in the south that we can support a beach cleanup.

Also, one of the first questions was "Can we drive our Jeeps on the beach?"... I doubt DNREC is gonna go for that.

So the question is... Is there enough interest among the club members to drive TO the beach to pick up trash ?

• normally they have a beach clean up day like sara said
    let a bod post a poll see how many people would volunter
    as a club
    (maybe get the club name in the paper or something)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!