Fish Tales From Slower Lower

• Got some pics while I was at the beach today..

http://www.delawareja.com/gall…ry.php?cat=500&ppuser=533

I still need to raise my flag higher...I think it looks goofy all the way up..its off and on cuz of work and what not...so I put it on when i want to...

and today after i came back...I decided to cut up my beach pass and put it on the left side of the bumper...so shes on there...haha so now it looks better.

• YAY!!! You resurrected my old DeJA South Surf Fishing Team thread.

Ed The Mistaken has been out every week. We need surf fishing reports, Ed!!!

I was gonna go today, but after I got the $$$ number for my taxes owed, I was so bummed I just went home. (No tires or gears for me 'til next year. For that matter, no food, no gas, no nothing 'til next year.) :cmon:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• i was out at gordons pond last friday , windy as ...... well it was windy . i caught 5 skates and a cold . i may go down this friday .

• weather looks nice ... i need a new pole . had my old one my surf pole rack for the hitch . forgot it sticks out a little further now drove the bottom of the pole in to the curb ...ouch. broke it in two

• Don't forget, most of the tourons will be coming down Thursday afternoon/evening since a lot of people take Good Friday off. Also, I would avoid going to Cape Henlopen State Park in Lewes on Friday since it's the Annual Kite Festival that day. (Unless someone told you to "go fly a kite") :doh:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• ok had some plans today but decided to take advantage of the weather
    so today a fwe of us hit the surf at gordons pond

sara her son kevin
    me coll and natalie
    were joined by urbancrawler and mel93yj

got there about 2:30 and stayed till the wind got to brisk
    about 6:30 we all wrapped it up and headed home

not real bites
    only caught on skate
    sara's son caught that one
    took longer to get him back in the water then to bring him in
    and decided to go swimming for a bit to cast his line out
    (kevin u find ur friends yet?...lol)

noone wanted to touch it let alone pick it up to get it back to the water
    horror stories of last year with a skate and a visit to the emergency
    room visit had a hand in noone wanted to touch it

took a few pics
    all turned out like crap

harry picked up a new habit today
    i have to have a talk with him

cant wait to get back out there
    but the weather is looking like crap for the wknd

• the capered crew (me and old_bald_guy) hit the surf (cape henlopen point) for a bit at 5:30 today, stayed until dusk. didn't catch any fish but hooked a pig on the way home :doh:. i'll let old_bald_guy elaborate on that. did you get a citation for that one? :suspicious:

tried to get up with the south crew on the cb with no luck, since cell reception is horrible on the beach

• The young Lewes Gumshoe just finished his 7:30PM donut break when he noticed a scofflaw cruizin down Kings Hwy :driving: with his "off road" lights on. He thought to himself what a great collar on a dull Thursday evening in Mayberry. I can add this menace to my resume of road hazards removed my my turf. I answered his question, "Where are you coming from?" with a somewhat arrogant answer, "From the Beach! We were fishing". You would think the flatfoot would have notices the array of coolers, rods and hardware hanging on the back of my beach rig but I'm sure it was his attempt to be cordial. :hmm: I thought a slightly more agressive approach to his question would only reflect my disgust. So I sit there listening to my hero Michael Savage awaiting my prize. Yee Haa, I am Thursday nights villian in sleepy town and this threat to society will now pay for his malicious deeds. $29.40 for my evilness of forgetting to unflip my flipped Daylighters. Oh well, we can all sleep tonight knowing Lewestowns finest are busy protecting us from the rodents who permiate our society. I am now stepping down from my soapbox. I feel much better now.

• dont' let him fool you! it was no accident. i was saw (and heard) the whole thing. we were communicating on the cb as it happened. when he saw the cop he actually hit a hidden switch under the dash that dumped an extra 10 volt into the lights increasing they're luminocity. i heard him exclaim "how do you like that copper! you'll never take me alive!" through the cb. then i witnessed his fatal flaw.

i then watched him down shift and attempt a speedy getaway, however, he had forgotten that he wasn't driving his speedy G35 but a 4 banger with 31s and the aerodynamic properties of a brick . and instead of speeding away into the night... he got nailed. the failure to dim lights was no accident, totally malicous.

• There is no justice in this world. Capered's G-Mom is a notorious mailbox phenom who has 3 postal box fatalities to her credit. At 87, blind in her left eye and completely oblivious to anything approaching from her portside (beware of a white '91 cherokee in the 5 points area), the right to drive is as sacred as our 1st amendment which allows me to vent. Can we please move on (not .org, those idiots), I would like to forget the stressful ordeal and get back to the joys of hunting fish on Delaware Beaches. Maybe I should just stick with hunting them by pontoon boat.

• well tried to hit the surf today

state park surf was closed due to high surf

alittle later in the day
    decided to go to IR
    so since the jp was packed
    we headed down to faithful stewards

man it was cold
    stayed maybe a minute
    decided to hit the liquor store and come home

• I went out solo to the Cape North end at 6:00pm, low tide. wearing the chest waders and foul weather jacket, waded out as far as I dare. Tossing some mackeral chunks till 7:45 and picked up 2 sharks. When the tide changed, the rollers moved in fast. Called it quits and headed home. I left my high beams off all the way.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!