Fish Tales From Slower Lower

• chest highs with foul jacket and gun belt to keep the air in the pants. That way I won't end up like Ann Marie Fahey. Submerged somewhere off the Delaware coast

• okay
    hit the surf today ...............
    2 words ............................picture perferct
    slight breeze lots of sun
    didnt land anything tho coll almost got a seagull

ohwell
    well try again tomorrow

• I plan on tossing chunks at the southside of the naval jetty Thursday evening bout 6. Sean may stop by to play tug the 4 banger with his new Warn.

• okay just got off the surf

didnt catch anything
    but dam something was tearing my bait up

again picture perfect day
    lots of great views :grin:

gonna hear back out again later today

Quote from "old_bald_guy"

I plan on tossing chunks at the southside of the naval jetty Thursday evening bout 6. Sean may stop by to play tug the 4 banger with his new Warn.

herring point?

That's MR. Captain Beach , to you

Edited once, last by ().

• I'll be down there by 5:30 south of the naval Jetty. Sean said he'll be there too with his rig. I'll bring the Yengling and show you how the toss some chunks, old bald guy style.

I'll bring the Yengling and show you how the toss some chunks, old bald guy style

:laughabove: So which one of my kids are you picking up when?? :suspicious:

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• okay
    on and off the surf a few times today
    didnt catch anything except a buzz

hooked up with capered and company alittle later in the day

so the deja south crew hit the surf
    like i said i didnt land anything

but capered and old bald guy got a few sharks

this was the biggest one
    he really put up a fight
    but they got him in

doing it all again tomorrow
    weather permitting

• So I am looking at getting a beach tag for my TJ but I am new to the whole surf fishing thing. Can anyone point me to a good source of info on the cost and how to get a tag, and where to go at the DE beaches once I have one? I am more looking for an enjoyable day relaxing at the beach with a cooler than catching anything if you know what I mean... Sounds like I am not the only one around here in that frame of mind... :rollsmile:

Thx!

• here is all the info about surf fishing in DE... http://www.destateparks.com/Activities/surffish/surffish.htm

the tag is $65 every year (calendar year, sadly... not 12 months from when you buy it) and can be gotten at any state park, or at the places listed here... http://www.destateparks.com/kn…therfees/surffishrate.htm

they'll give you a map of the state parks that allow surf fishing, the maps show the entrance points, and where the air pumps are. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• good info here

http://www.delawareja.com/modu…49&highlight=surf+fishing

cost for the tag is $65 u can buy them online
    there should be a link in that thread

if u get it at a bait and tackle store
    some down here sell them u will pay more for the service charge

u will need a low pressure gauge
    a shovel
    a block of wood
    a recovery strap
    and a jack able to lift ur vechile from the sand

i carry all these items but in the 5 years i have been on the surf i have never been spotted checked
    tho some on here have

u must always carry bait and have aline in the water to be actively engaged in surf fishing

hth

• colleen managed to hook a few strippers
    not we could keep (cough cough )

only about 17 inches or so

i didnt even break out my fishing rod
    i just had a few drinks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!