DE State Parks Ranked ranked best in the Nation

• Surf Drink...I mean fish down the beach, rock climbing in Alapocas Park.

I've been hitting White Clay Creek and Middle run a lot and the trail system is well maintained and I always see people out there enjoying the woods no matter what time of day it is.

• i have to agree that the parks are over regulated. most don't allow camping, those that do only offer campgrounds which I don't really like. not allowed to use the parks at night, not allowed to launch kayaks from cape henlopen...

beautiful terrain though

• i have to agree that the parks are over regulated. most don't allow camping, those that do only offer campgrounds which I don't really like. not allowed to use the parks at night, not allowed to launch kayaks from cape henlopen...

Anything else would lead to disaster.

Can't have people just camping anywhere in the parks. Might work in WV, but the density of people in the DE resort areas is way too great to make that manageable.

They have to chase the weirdo's out of the Rehoboth areas after dark as it is now.

And launching a kayak in the surf could lead to problems also. You may be capable, but many would try it that weren't, would get injured or killed and then want to sue the state.

• I agree. As much as I complain about over regulation, there are way too many idiots that would make the parks a daily news story.

That's no way to talk about Billy and Andrew. :innocent: :roflmao:

Did Mandance open back up yet?

• Having spent time in the state parks out in Utah, they are a class higher than DE, some of them are national park quality. DE has some cool stuff like the Go Ape thing, but the facilities out there are newer (or maybe just maintained better), cleaner and the signs are better.

I wish they had hookups at the Cape, though. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Even without they are booked most the summer. :shrug:

I actually prefer not having power at Cape. Look at Big Oaks or any park in Pennsylvania and you'll see the difference.

For the record, any park in DE is worlds better than PA.

• I actually prefer not having power at Cape. Look at Big Oaks or any park in Pennsylvania and you'll see the difference.

For the record, any park in DE is worlds better than PA.

Both Trap Pond and Killens Pond have power. Makes a huge difference with a camper. All the sites are still dirt so you have the option of tent or camper - or both!

• I agree. As much as I complain about over regulation, there are way too many idiots that would make the parks a daily news story.

I don't think the good should be punished for the idiots. there are areas less than an hour from places like LA and San Fran that allow camping and night use and they have a much higher population of idiots than DE and they seem to do ok. im not saying no regulations, go ahead and charge charge for back country camping permits, maybe limit to "non-resort areas", let people stay past the super dangerous time of sunset (unless there is a confirmed siting of the boogy man)...also, NC allows kayak launching from the beach and the surf is much rougher. they also allow bon fires on the beach. let people use the land responsibly and crack down on those that are idiots

it seems crazy that I have to leave the state to camp where im not surrounded by yahoos in rv's with satellite TV or people that pitch a tent 5 ft from their prius and think they are "roughing it"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!