Inspection

• Do all the monitors need to be "ready". Using a scan tool, all are, but catalyst. On my last inspection report (which failed for other reasons) it was marked as not ready then but they didn't say anything and it had been weeks and over a dozen trips since resetting the computer ( over a hundred miles). Does this ever get " ready" on jeeps. If so, how long? Also, will DMV pass u if all but one is ready and u have no codes?

Thanks

• Do all the monitors need to be "ready". Using a scan tool, all are, but catalyst. On my last inspection report (which failed for other reasons) it was marked as not ready then but they didn't say anything and it had been weeks and over a dozen trips since resetting the computer ( over a hundred miles). Does this ever get " ready" on jeeps. If so, how long? Also, will DMV pass u if all but one is ready and u have no codes?

Thanks

Pretty sure they do, depends on the monitor. So if you clear your codes and don't give it the time to normalize , they are not ready to report the actual state of the system. I would think catalyst would be one they would require to be ready to pass. Drive it a few miles , it should go ready after some preset distance.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• And there's a fair chance one of the downstream O2 sensors is slow or marginal.

They wouldn't necessarily fail their own test, but could be indicating the catalyst is not "good".

Or the convertor could be close to dying.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!