Dashboard lights

• The bulb to the left looks like its the hi beam indicator. What about your dash bulbs? As I explained, you twist and remove the bulb and connector from the back of the panel and then remove the bulb from the connector. Read the massive thread I posted earlier.

194 / 74 is the right bulb. It looks like you simply didn't remove it from the assembly. Pull the bulb out. :doh:

He didn't get 194/74's, he got 194/168's.

They are both wedge bases, but quite different in size.

T10 vs T5 in a nutshell.

• I guess that's what happens when he listens to the guy with a YJ. :)

I'll be at the party as well, Jim.

Not sure if the ones in the link you posted are more expensive bc of the type/size but you can compare those with this seller on Amazon (Jtech). I bought mine in 2013 and they're still going strong.

• I'll be at the party as well, Jim.

Not sure if the ones in the link you posted are more expensive bc of the type/size but you can compare those with this seller on Amazon (Jtech). I bought mine in 2013 and they're still going strong.

Key words, here... not to mention the pictures of my dash are clearly not a TJ.... :shrug:

Jim... http://smile.amazon.com/Jtech-…eywords=jtech+led+blue+t5

PS- Just thought of this but if you don't want to go through the hassel of returning the wrong ones, I'll buy them off of ya. Kind of interested to see what blue looks like in the YJ.

• No problem about the mixup, and I'll be glad to give them to you next time we get together.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• No problem about the mixup, and I'll be glad to give them to you next time we get together.

My last post was jokingly directed back towards Stafford but upon reading it again, it may come off as a harsh "not my fault buddy!" type of response. I apologize if it was taken that way as it was not intended to be such. Thanks for the offer, Jim, but I don't mind paying for them. No reason for you to be out any $$ on them. I may be down midstate next weekish sometime and I'll get a hold of ya before then.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Player!

[img width=1200 height=675]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=47229[/img]

Jeremy, no offense taken, and I won't take your money.

Lil' Chief would like for me to get the lights for the automatic transmission shifter to be somewhat matching the blue dash lights. As we know, the bulb itself is clear; there's a green film behind the lettering. Has anyone attempted this? Found a substitute translucent or transparent film in a different color?

In changing the HVAC bulbs, I had one of those "this could only happen to me" moments. Everything was going according to plan and I was almost finished with the job when.... the USB thumb drive that I use to play music in the Jeep (with my Kenwood stereo) slipped out of my hand and fell behind the dash. It happened so fast that I'm not sure if it fell into the plastic air duct or elsewhere. I tried for 15 minutes to find it, but, of course, it's impossible to get back there to do a proper search. I resigned myself to my fate, then went out and bought a new thumb drive -- and loaded it up with music. The next time the heater core gets replaced, somebody's going to find himself a thumb drive.

Edited once, last by Chief57 ().

• That looks awesome! I haven't changed the bulb for the shift selector yet. Mine is up on the column and it's a tiny clear bulb so I'm not sure if there's an LED equivalent or not. I think my HVAC bulbs are the same as the shifter's. Is it possible to remove the film on the underside? Maybe take an exact knife, cut the colored part out and replace with a blue film.. clear film and blue LED..?

• Is it possible to remove the film on the underside? Maybe take an exact knife, cut the colored part out and replace with a blue film.. clear film and blue LED..?

That's my hope, but haven't explored it yet. Or a clear bulb with a blue film.

• I found blue condoms on the stock bulbs that I took out. They never had a hint of blue tinge to them and I was a bit shocked when I found out they were blue... or supposed to be.

• Replaced my overhead and footwell lights today. Didn't take before pics so after pics probably won't do much for you but they are bright and clear white. Easy 31 second install, extra second was because the foot lights only go in one direction due to chips on the board

foot
    WLEDB-CWHP9-DA Qty 2
    https://www.superbrightleds.co…e-retrofit-car/2833/4910/

overhead
    WLED-CWHP12-DAC Qty 1
    https://www.superbrightleds.co…e-retrofit-car/2029/4632/

This is for a TJ

• Super cool! Truthfully, I didn't even recall that TJ's had a footwell light. I've got my overhead light disconnected, but this is still a great idea that I need to do!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!