NCC Volunteer Opportunity

• We have a volunteer opportunity in New Castle County, Delaware! This is perfect if you drive a Jeep or other 4x4 vehicle and would like to help out an awesome cause. Meals On Wheels Delaware is looking for volunteers to help deliver meals starting Monday (1/25/16). The average time commitment is only about an hour and a half and with the amount of snow that is in the forecast your help could be vital in getting meals to those who need them. Please e-mail Erica Porter to volunteer or for more details. MealsOnWheels@Cityfare.org

**They do NOT deliver during level 2 or 3 state of emergencies so a lot of the legal and liability questions that were raised in the separate Emergency Transportation thread do not apply to this opportunity.

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

• I was told that you can expect to deliver around 15 meals and they can put you on a route close to where you live. She said that delivery is usually around 11 am-12:30 pm but I'm not sure if that is a definite time that it HAS to occur during or if that is just what they typically do.

Erica was super friendly and I'm sure she'd be happy to work with you in whatever way she can to make sure that they can get the meals delivered in a timeframe that works for everyone.

• I work til 3p so it might be too late to help but I'll never know if I don't ask.

This thread prompted me to call my local Meals on Wheels, and the situation is the same. I told them I could help out in bad weather when other people don't want to venture out, but they are strictly weekday lunchtimes.

I would have loved to help. :-\

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Yeah I know that the time slot may be tough for most but figured we would put it out there. I am going to try to clear my calendar for that time slot and just take a few hours off work in the middle of the day. I'm hoping maybe some people who work evenings or weekends may be available and could possibly help out.

• Yeah I know that the time slot may be tough for most but figured we would put it out there. I am going to try to clear my calendar for that time slot and just take a few hours off work in the middle of the day. I'm hoping maybe some people who work evenings or weekends may be available and could possibly help out.

I'm free all day everyday unless I get one of the jobs i'm waiting on a response for. I'll email and find out if they still need some help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!