Seat Belts

• The Corbeau is a generic belt, but should work out. On my XJ, I unplugged the sensor at one point (forget why, probably when pulling the soaked carpet) and never plugged it back in. If it's unplugged, it doesn't activate the light or annoying chime. Guys that run both 3-pt and harness belts will usually unplug the 3-pt so it doesn't complain when they're using the harness offroad.

Thanks Jerry. That answers my question!

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• No, mine were the Seatbelt Solutions like in your previous link. I'm going to go with what Keith said about the difference between years as to why they sell the TJ buckles separately. The only difference in my YJ was that the buckle webbing was a few inches longer on the 92-95 YJs and I have the plastic stalks out of a newer YJ. I ordered for my 89 and they were too short for the stalks. So I used the buckle sides from the new rear seatbelts as they were long enough but a little too long (buckle sits above my hips). When I get around to it, I'm going to shorten the plastic stalks and put the correct buckles back up front... another to-do-list item.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Once, back in the summer, I removed the DS latch and really hit it with brake cleaner, but I seem to recall not using a lubricant on purpose...didn't want it leaking out onto clothing or the seat. I had always heard that brake cleaner has multiple uses, so I chose that. Please let me know if there's a better solution. I know I have to be mindful of the electrical component of that latch.

Dry graphite spray.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!