Deja Jeeps and Java?

• Just get there early to get all the parking spots.

I was thinking that would make for a great photo. If we got a lot of Jeeps that is.

There's a Starbucks on Kirkwood Highway too where the old Channel Hardware used to be. I think it's Best Buy now.

yeah, across from Sheridan Ford. There's not a lot of parking there (and we'd HAVE to leave open spots for the medical clinic next door) but, the Best Buy lot extends next to it with a ton of spots.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Surfrider hasn't been on the forums much but I still talk to him all the time. I can kick him in the butt and ask him to get it going again or if someone else wants to take the reigns then rock on.

Was just talking to Dawn about this last night.
    Id be up for trying it again in Sussex. Ill start a new thread .

• yeah, across from Sheridan Ford. There's not a lot of parking there (and we'd HAVE to leave open spots for the medical clinic next door) but, the Best Buy lot extends next to it with a ton of spots.

Yeah there's a ton of parking on that corner to the right of the Starbucks. Way away from the Med Express so I think we'd be good. It's right by my house so I'd almost definitely be in. Except for the fact that Starbucks is overpriced and not that great. There is a DD right up the street that has a decent sized lot but it's usually pretty crowded on Saturday mornings and at one point there was a VW club that was having morning get togethers there.

• I agree, Starbuck on Kirkwood is a great spot for space. We could always pick up duck doughnuts first

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• It's right by my house so I'd almost definitely be in. Except for the fact that Starbucks is overpriced and not that great.

Hell there's always a ton of Wawa's to choose from too.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I have heard good things about

Whereabouts Cafe
    214 Peoples Plaza, Newark, DE 19702
    http://whereaboutscafe.com/

Plus its a little closer for some of our southern side friends. Would think that they might want to be part of the event ... especially if enough Jeeps came.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I called up the Newark Parking Authority and made an inquiry into the feasability of procuring the metered spots in front of Panera, Duck Donuts, Starbucks, etc. The guy I spoke with said that he would give my information to the department that handled that sort of thing and they would get back to me with some preliminary info. I didn't inqurie into it in some official DEJA capacity, just my name and number asking for info on renting metered spots. If we do have a J&J gathering at some point in that area, I figured it would be nice to have the info on hand.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Bill, the guy I originally spoke with, called me on my way home yesterday to let me know that the people he sent my contact info to were tied up and unable to get back to me yesterday. He assured me that they would be in contact with me today to answer my questions. BUT... dummy me forgot my cell phone at the house this morning. :doh:

• Well, yesterday I received a call from the guy who oversees the parking areas on Main Street. While you can rent metered spots, they run $25/ea for the day. Nowhere worth the cost when we only plan for like maybe 2 hours tops. Looks like John's suggestion was best.. just get there early.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!