Not-so-Tough Stuff

• A couple of years ago I bought the Tough Stuff "no skid" decals that are designed to go on the TJ fender. I'm just a little disappointed!

The decal more or less delaminated. I noticed it when I was going down the highway and I saw something flapping back and forth on the fender. At first I thought i hit a small bird. So, now I've got the glue portion stuck on the fender and the texture portion peeled back. Ugh!

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• How much protection is that actual affording you?? If it's not really "protecting" anything then why not just remove it? If you like the look, I'd suggest removing what's there.. taping it off around the perimeter of where the protection film was.. and then apply a spray on type of bedliner. The liner will still do the same job as the film but will be easier to touch up if it gets chipped or peels some. Also, 3M makes an excellent adhesive remover that won't harm the paint. You would have to clean and wax those areas if you don't re-apply anything in that area though.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Truthfully, this was just a quick fix for a rust issue. I never really wanted to apply these decals; they were just an affordable solution. I was ok with the look....until now. I've actually never seen this type of thing happen before. The decals are a couple of years old, and my TJ spends most of its time in the garage. On a positive note, I just got off the phone with Quadratec customer service, and they are replacing them at no cost, with no questions asked. Tell me more about this 3M glue removal product!

Maybe this is the signal I've been waiting on to just break down and get the flat fenders I've always wanted. :shrug: [size=78%] [/size]

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Hey! I was born in '79....papa? Lol!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/…words=3m+adhesive+remover

I have 2 cans of this.. it smells like oranges! If it's a paper type sticker, it'll absorb through and react with the adhesive. It turns it into a gel and makes it easy to simply wipe away. For those panels you have, you'll probably need to pull it off then spray the adhesive residue then wipe away. You may be able to spray an edge, work it up a lil, spray again, work it off a lil more. I can possibly get a can of it down to you tomorrow (wife and kids will be in Milford). I'll shoot ya a PM.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!