Rear shocks: replacements needed

• [size=3]The 7-8 year old rear shocks that came with my Fabtech 4" suspension lift are starting to leak. From what I can tell, I can order a set of rear Fabtechs for $57 (from 4wheelonline). I see that I can order these Skyjackers from Q-tech:[/size]

[size=3]http://www.quadratec.com/products/16016_107_14.htm[/size]

[size=3]I know Skyjacker has a reputation as being on the lower end of the scale, but are these sufficient for a TJ with a 4" lift that doesn't get wheeled that often? Or, to put it another way, if I buy these will I be shunned (more than usual)?! What's my best value? Thanks.[/size]

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Those are fine... just an upgraded "heavy duty" version of a generic parts store shock. I've sold hundreds of lift kits with them. I even recommend them for a basic shock. I prefer the OME or Bilstein 5100 series shocks, but for a basic shock shock, the Hydro 7000s are fine.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Thanks all for your replies. Here's an update. While on the phone with Q-tec discussing my Fabtech lift (purchased at PA Jeeps several years ago at the Q-tec tent) and my replacement shock options, I got a pleasant surprise. I was told that Fabtech offers a lifetime warranty on those shocks. What's more, we handled the exchange right then on the phone; I didn't need to deal with Fabtech. New rear shocks are on the way.

E-Rock, if not for this good news, I'd reach out to discuss your Pro Comps -- thanks. Shadyluke and whatevah, again thanks for your input.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!