• Somebody have the answer please..I want to do a 2006 6.0 Ls swap into my 98 Tj with a 4banger now. I have the whole truck so I will be using everything like the computer and wiring harness sensors and so on it was rolled but still runs and drives fine no bad codes or anything just bent up a bit......Now I live in Kent country Delaware and I would like to know if anybody has done this or knows how I go about getting the jeep through DMV in Delaware? Once I do the motor swap? Any help would be appreciated TY..

• Jbates on here can prob answer your questions. He has a 98 TJ with a 5.9 in it.
    Send him a message. Different motors but the concept is the same.
    HTH.

• I believe you have to pass the inspection requirements for the vehicle. You're supposed to have the receipts and for the purchase of the new parts you're putting on so, if they decide to check, they can trace it back to make sure they didn't come from a stolen vehicle.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Since your jeep is obd3 it will have to read as your vin on the ls computer. It can be done, i have a friend with a ls miata that passes the motor computer vin check. As long as they plug it in and it reads no codes it will pass de emissions.

There is a crap ton of info on the web for this swap. U will have to decipher what is good and what is not.

• Since your jeep is obd3 it will have to read as your vin on the ls computer. It can be done, i have a friend with a ls miata that passes the motor computer vin check. As long as they plug it in and it reads no codes it will pass de emissions.

There is a crap ton of info on the web for this swap. U will have to decipher what is good and what is not.

DE doesn't check VIN in the ECU. Provided you're Kent or New Castle county it simply needs to scan 'clean' and (for your '98) have up to 2 unset readiness codes.

--Ian

• Thanks a lot guys for all your info it help me out a lot. Now I have the title clear and clean for the 2006 HD 2500 Silverado although The 6.0 Q9 motor came out of a 2005 Cadillac Escalade that's in it now that was run through inspection previously before it was rolled and passed inspection with no problems. As far codes are concerned right now I have no check engine lights on and no problems with codes in the truck. Like I say the truck just been up a bit but runs fine I'm planning on swapping everything from the pick up computer and so on wiring harness sensors into the jeep should this be OK or do I need a whole new wiring harness made up for the jeep that's my biggest concern thanks again guys for all your help.

• Oh and by the way I just ran the jeep through DMV in Delaware one week ago so I have it tagged for two years as of now and so therefore I have two whole years to get it all straightened out correctly in order for it to pass De DMV emissions and inspection with the new LQ9 6.0 in it.......Once again guys thanks for all your help..

• And What is 2 unset readiness codes?

http://www.obdautodoctor.com/s…iness-monitors-explained/

Essentially a set of tests for various systems...some set immediately, some after a certain number of 'drive cycles'. To account for any issues DE allows for up to 2 unset codes in MY96-00 and 1 in MY01 and newer.

--Ian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!