Need RUBICON Decals replaced

• Hi all,
    I own a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
    For whatever reason, the RUBICON decals have almost completely flaked off from the hood.

1. Has this occurred to anyone else?
    2. Does anyone know where I can get them re applied?

I asked the dealership and the quoted me around $300 (which I took as their way of saying that they really don't want to do it).
    And no thank you, I am not interested in doing them myself.

thanks,

• I agree, they shouldn't be flaking off. Check that you have the rubicon features... there are a lot of "fakes" out there. You'll have a switch panel on the lower dash that controls the lockers and swaybar disconnect. But, for the stickers, you can get them from Quadratec for $30/ea. http://www.quadratec.com/products/55010_11X_PG.htm and then install them yourself. Tip: use masking tape to mark where they were before you remove the old ones.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Yes, it's definitely a Rubicon.
    I am the original owner. I ordered it directly from the dealership. It was built for me based on my choice of options.
    And while I don't know my VIN right now, I did check it some time ago.

And again, no thanks I am not interested in installing the decals myself. I would be no good at aligning it correctly.
    I don't mind paying to have them professionally installed.

• Quick Google search... http://www.delawaresign.com/

You could check the Yellow Pages for signage shops as well but I figure that most professional companies out there won't be much different in price than the dealership. I think there's a couple of guys from SDJC that do this but I'm not 100% on that. You could ask on their FB page.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Interesting that they're flaking off... they usually last forever. Well, perhaps buy them yourself and take it to a detailing shop. Have them install it while doing a wash and wash. Wash, apply decal, then re-wax over it.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• For those saying they don't flake off, here is my 2008 JK that is definitely a real Rubicon.

Just get them at Quadratec and install them with soapy water to avoid bubbles.

• Nice bait board! :fishing:

;D

I had a 2500 psi cold water pressure washer on the fender and the dried fish guts wouldn't budge. :bang:

That's about as much effort as I am going to put into cleaning it as it will just happen again next time I go out on the surf. ;)

• ;D

I had a 2500 psi cold water pressure washer on the fender and the dried fish guts wouldn't budge. :bang:

That's about as much effort as I am going to put into cleaning it as it will just happen again next time I go out on the surf. ;)

What about removing the fender all together and submerging that area in soapy water for a day or two? Like a big tupperware top or something?

• You guys are overthinking how much I care about this Jeep. :mrgreen: I love it, don't get me wrong....but any Jeep I own will always be a beater.

• You guys are overthinking how much I care about this Jeep. :mrgreen: I love it, don't get me wrong....but any Jeep I own will always be a beater.

That's my view as well. I used to take a picture of my dirt bikes when I bought them and so I remember what is was like as it would never look like it again. I drove my KTM 950 Adventure into a tree first time out and that was an expensive bike.

I hold my jeep about the same. Makes me feel better when I wind up breaking something.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!