***Big Dogs Main Jambo Sign up 9/9, 9/10. 9/11***

• After discussing this at Saturdays club meeting, this will be the sign up for anyone interested in going. This event is held in Winchester Virginia. Further info can be found at www.bigdogsoffroad.com/html/main_jambo.html ( Note, this weekend does conflict with the fall Rausch Creek Club Comp )

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/124981771232601/

• 1. altierior - tentative

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I'd like to get a lightly modified/32-35" group for this. Big Dogs has some crazy hard trails but it also has plenty of blue level stuff. You don't need to be on 54's with triple lockers (wait wut?) to go. It's, frankly, a big party all weekend. Most people drive down Thursday afternoon/early evening, wheel Friday and Saturday then drive back Sunday. Camping is available onsite....we fire up the grills, crack the beers and have one helluva good time. If you don't want to wheel but want to hang there's usually a right seat or two open.

1. altierior - tentative
    2. JKGray10
    3. Stafford

• I'm supposed to work that weekend, but I might be able to take off if there is a good group for the easier trails.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• What's the camping like? Any facilities at all? Or basically just a field to set up in? We might be interested, just have to see who I can talk into coming along.

The campground is great.

There are groups of primitive campsites, mostly wooded areas. Each group of sites has a few porta-pots. There is a out-building with hot showers - the building is kinda crude and basic, but gets the job done just fine.

They have a few lakes, one of which has a beach and swimming, as well as kayak and canoe rentals. There is a shooting range. Some real nice hiking and rockclimbing areas as well.

The partying is off-the-charts.

I love it there.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• What's the camping like? Any facilities at all? Or basically just a field to set up in? We might be interested, just have to see who I can talk into coming along.

http://www.covecampground.com/index.htm

~ JD

• I camped there probably 45 years ago. I was about seven. We had campers. My uncle Charles shot a copperhead with a revolver under the steps to his Winnebago. I begged to shoot a twelve gauge, and it knocked me on my ass. Then we swam in "leech lake" and my buddy came out with a huge leech between his toes! I can't wait to check it out again!

• I camped there probably 45 years ago. I was about seven. We had campers. My uncle Charles shot a copperhead with a revolver under the steps to his Winnebago. I begged to shoot a twelve gauge, and it knocked me on my ass. Then we swam in "leech lake" and my buddy came out with a huge leech between his toes! I can't wait to check it out again!

Well if we didn't do a good enough job selling it before then that definitely did it. :)

• [size=2]Leeches, snakes and guns? How can we not......[/size] :laughing:

1. altierior - tentative
    2. JKGray10
    3. Stafford
    4. Slowpoke (33s)
    5. WILLYN- as long as my jeep is still running. (35s)
    6. Spedly
    7. JMack (33s)

• Just an FYI. There is a registration form that must be filled out at the Big Dog website. By signing up in this thread does not guarantee that you will get a spot.

• It's 5+ months from now...usually Randy calls a week or so ahead of time.

That's what Sal said about the Rock run house.... :mrgreen:

Are you comparing Sal against Randy? :doh:

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!