1in JKU Body lift

• Hey folks

Im considering adding the 1in daystar body lift kit to my jeep. I already have a 2.5in AEV spring lift in place.

I searched the forum and it looks like most info is from TJ's. So my question is has any one done one on a JKU and does it cause more problems than it fixes?

Some of the other threads talked about broken hoses and added engine vibration...so im just curious before i either buy one or end up with .75in spacers.

Cheers!

Also...if its easy ill be looking for a friend to help install probably next week ;)

2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door (JKU)*SOLD*
    2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    DE tag : OIF 118
    Honk if you see me!

• I'm not sure how a body lift could cause an engine vibration since all it does is lift the body off of the frame. I've done body lifts on trucks and YJ's. They were pretty simple, just lift things slow to make sure you aren't going to over stretch and hoses or wires. I actually took the whole body off my Super Duty last week, nothing to it.

• I ended buying this one

http://www.amazon.com/Performa…13+jeep+wrangler+lift+kit

I watched a couple youtube videos and the install seems pretty straight forward. Im hoping to use the shop on DAFB, just need to wait for the lift to arrive to call and book a day.

If any one is available Thurs/Fri and interested in helping id love a hand!

2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    Honk if you see me!

• you might want to call the base auto hobby shop, they do not let you do a lot of major things to vehicles now. :bang:

• Some of the other threads talked about broken hoses and added engine vibration...so im just curious before i either buy one or end up with .75in spacers.

Watch your brake lines from the master cylinder while jacking the body up. They should be pig tailed (coiled) a little to absorb vibration when running. They will also allow for SOME extension while lifting the body, but not much. When I did mine years ago I think I snapped them, but they were old lines so maybe they were ready for replacing.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• you might want to call the base auto hobby shop, they do not let you do a lot of major things to vehicles now. :bang:

Life got in the way so i haven't gotten around to it yet. But I certainly will call first! Actually good to know because i was planning to take my buddy there to put his space lift on

2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    Honk if you see me!

• Life got in the way so i haven't gotten around to it yet. But I certainly will call first! Actually good to know because i was planning to take my buddy there to put his space lift on

Our auto shop in Aberdeen will let you do just about anything, but I got my own so the only thing I stop by there for is to dispose of oil.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!