ORI Struts

• Well I didn't have much time to play with it over the weekend, it was in the shop Sat - Mon getting a exhaust system installed.
    I left the pressures low and late Monday afternoon I took it out on the road and did a couple of hard accelerations and the rear felt kinda neutral, didn't seem to swat or lift much. Then I maxed out the rear suspension while the front tires were on a level surface in a ditch out front of the house. Seem pretty stable with little to no lean. By that time it was pissing with rain so I stopped.
    This weekend I'll try some side hills with the low pressure and see what it does. Then I'll retry everything with 90 in the lower and the upper at ride and see how it acts.

• If we have time this weekend at Rockrun we're going to play with my pressures. First I'll see how much body roll I have taking high speed turns and how she rides on one trail.

• Well I gotta say I'm impresses with them! After three days of riding around Harlan this past weekend, I would have to say the new stuts/4-link flat out work.
    I ended up running 90 in the lower and 200 in the uppers. I didn't try changing the pressures.....I saw no need to.
    The biggest change I felt was in the down hills ( I hate going down hill ) way more stable and no unloading at the wrong time like the leaves used to do to me. Still had some bounce issues while trying to climb, but I thing getting rid of the front springs will help that out.
    Wasn't much side hills to try, so not sure on body lean yet.
    I need to get to Rausch and see how they work on some dry rocks. Then I'll start messing around with the pressures.

Now all I need to do is rob a bank and get two more for the front end.....And Link it.....Remove and tube the front part of the frame....build a new front bumper.....Etc, Etc :mrgreen: [size=78%] [/size]

• They really do "just work". The body stays level and the wheels float around staying in contact with the rock/ground. I'm expecting that they are really only usable for certain weight ranges and I think I'm towards the top end of it (4,800lbs with me in it). Looking to add some mini reservoirs (or gasp the new integral ones) at some point. (But gonna play with my rear pressures before I spend any money)

• The bounce while climbing is deff the front springs. Mine didnt climb until i did the front. What u will find is the body will follow the front axle and the rear will just do its own thing. It only gets better when u get 4 oris under it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!