soliciting opinions regarding options in a new JKUR

• First off let me say that I'm not a fan of any of the bells and whistles in a new JK but at this point I want 4 doors so I'm kind of screwed. I would be perfectly happy with a 4 door TJ if they existed. Anyway, would anyone like to share their opinions on power windows/locks vs manual, etc? (I know its special order and that's fine). Basically I'm being dragged kicking and screaming into the modern age and I'm having nightmares about creature comforts and possibly having to disconnect and re-connect wiring when the doors are constantly being taken on and off. Is this really an issue or am I just being ridiculous? thanks in advance, George

• The wiring is a non-issue. Even the non-power doors have wiring (open door sensor uses the lock mechanism vs a plunge pin on the door jam), but the plug is easy to work with. A cool thing is because of how the open door sensor works, when it's unplugged, it will kill the dome light for you, no more pulling the fuse. :)

I've got power windows/locks on my 2dr and don't see it as being a problem in any way. If you've got full doors, power windows make sense. Half doors (vinyl windows) are manual-only, unless they've recently offered a power lock option.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I guess I have a old fashion view when it comes to Jeeps... Two doors, three pedals and not much else. The salesman at the dealership tried to push more options and couldn't believe I kept saying no to all of them. In the end I did go for the better top and that was it.
    I ended up waiting a couple of months for them to build it. But in the end I'm glad I did it that way.
    It wasn't that I didn't want to pay extra, it was more of a matter of not really needing those extra dohickys.

• When I bought my 2-door I wanted a stripped down jeep and I ended up regretting it until I pretty much made it a trailer queen. When I bought my 4-door a sprang for all the fancy options and I am glad I did. The jeep is no less capable off-road and takes the same amount of time to get the doors/top off, but it is more comfortable to drive.

• You even went Rubicon! Awesome :8)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Try not to use the electric disconnect if your going to do heavy off roading especially water. Both of the Rubicons I own have problems the 07 is iffy and the one on my 11 is dead and I had to un-plug it for the jeep to run.

• Fwiw, my electric disco is still working fine, survived a few good trails in Moab. Although, I do try to avoid deep water.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!