JK spacer lift question

• I'm about to put a 1.75 - 2" spacer lift on my 4d JK and was wondering if the kits with shock extensions and sway bar links are necessary? I would normally do new longer shocks also but I like the way the factory rubi shocks ride so I'd like to keep them and save some money at the same time. Any suggestions from someone familiar with this? I'm thinking about the RE kit but I'm not real keen on drilling any holes for the bumpstops. Thanks

• For strictly street use, you'll be ok without shock extensions or longer shocks, but if you want to run some trails, you'll risk killing the shock. If you have longer shocks or extensions, you'll want bumpstops to avoid slamming the shock closed on a pothole or speedbump. You can do that with a few hockey pucks and epoxy if you wanted to, but I think all of the kits require drilling for the front bumpstop (not that big of a deal, it drills easy).

I'd recommend the kit from AEV since they use brackets for the front swaybar (rear isn't really needed) and include brakeline extension brackets. http://www.quadratec.com/products/16502_4400_07.htm My 2.5 AEV lift uses the same brackets and they work great.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I appreciate the info and will go with that kit. too bad there is no way to get the club discount on an online order. I guess I 'll wait till Monday to order. thanks again

• I appreciate the info and will go with that kit. too bad there is no way to get the club discount on an online order. I guess I 'll wait till Monday to order. thanks again

For what it's worth, AEV stuff doesn't fall under the club discount (also, Warn and Bushwacker). AEV doesn't allow anything to be sold for less than MSRP... even I had to pay full price for my lift kit from them. I think all of the other lift companies are ok with club discounts, though.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Sweet, I have coil spring compressors somewhere in the garage if you need to borrow them.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!