Local Axle U-Bolt source

• Ok, I'm in desperate need of two U-Bolts: 1/2" x 3 3/4" diameter. Length should be 7-8 "

Rubicon Express replaced my flattening out front springs with new 4" and I ordered the right size , but they shipped the wrong ones. :anger:
    Of course I learn this after I cut off the old u bolts !

I plan to check Metal Liquidators Monday. Local auto parts stores don't seem to carry that size. I do't have the time to wait for mail order. I also know some spring shops will bend their own. That might also be a possibility.

Thanks !

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Quadratech is a good possibility too. I just checked and they have it in stock. :thumbup:

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• there is a good chance i may have some ill check tomorrow when i go to my dads tomorrow evening

Thanks, but I will probably go to qtec in the am

• Steve, when i did the ole u bolt flip on my YJ i sourced u bolts from ta shop in Milford Milford spring works I beliwve the nane was they make any thing yoy need inhouse.

• Steve, I have a set for a d35. They're brand new in the box. Will they work?

No they wont, the pass side side if a Scout 44 has the ubolts going through the diff housing. So it requires 3.75" ubolts, the normal side of the same 44 is only 2.75".

• Success, Q-Tec had the right Ubolts plus the spring hanger bushings that I also needed.

Thanks All !

• Ok finally got the new. 4" springs installed, and with 4.5 " in the back she leveled put nicely,. I expect the springs to settle a little so she will sit perfect. The ride is 100% improved. I didnt realize the front hanger bushings were toast. Pretty sure that was my main front end issue.

You can see the pic , how the scout 44 uses the housing and extra wide ubolts are needed.

• After a few days driving around on the new front springs and bushings, I have to say wow! Funny how you don't notice the degradation so much until you fix something. The spring hangar bushings were toast, plus there was a little camber issue so I also added 2.5 deg shims under the springs to help correct. I still plan on going with some offset ball joints to fine tune the steering geometry.

• Monday, I noticed that Pep Boys has an assortment of Ujoints in there performance shop area. Don't know if they had your specifc ones or not but there's a possible resource for anyone who may be looking.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• The spring hangar bushings were toast,

You're springs aren't that old. I'm surprised the bushings wore out already.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!