Conversations

• I was looking to send a message to another member and couldn't find MESSAGING or whatever it was called. I found CONVERSATIONS and it looked right. But then it said I was not allowed to start another conversation because I was over my limit. I've always kept my messages down to a minimum so I know that wasn't right. But it said I had over 500 conversations going. These dated back to 2005! I've since deleted all of them (including one I wanted to keep...oops).

It seemed like it was including all conversations I had on all the forums, not just messaging. Is that how our PMs will work now?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• It seemed like it was including all conversations I had on all the forums, not just messaging. Is that how our PMs will work now?

I'm not really sure what you mean... The only direct messaging option before was private messages. That was converted to the new "conversation" system where it displays both sent and received messages on the same topic.

Sorry that 500 wasn't high enough... Lol unlimited isn't a setting and I just guessed. I'll raise it higher after I get back from vacation.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Dont' raise it. I'm just wondering why all these old posts going all the way back from 2005 showed up in my conversations. I know they weren't in my PM mail box.

I guess everything we post in the other forums will stay in CONVERSATIONS until we delete them.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• what do you mean by "other forums"?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I think what John is saying is that there are archived PMs from the old forum that got transferred over to this new forum. There are PMs in my box that i know were deleted a loooong time ago. Below is an example.. I know that I did not have this PM saved on the old forum site, yet here it is on the new one. Somehow all of the PMs were pulled from some archival database attributed to the old forum and passed over to the new forum.

• Ok thanks. That's likely because the other participant hadn't deleted it and it linked you in the data conversion.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!