Trail Report Rausch Creek November 5, 2016

• This was an unofficial club trail ride. It was Tim (Buster Stewart) with his green JKU, Tom (Concrete Charlie) with his black JKU, Tim's friend Jeff with his YJ on 34" Swampers, and me with Karen and Rugby in the CJ. The parking lot was crowded, but the trails weren't. Jeff managed to get the YJ started -- apparently the choke wasn't working and it didn't want to fire up in the chilly morning air -- and we started out down K and through the blue cut-across on C, then down the hill on Pole Line and turned left on B, then ran all the way out to 22 (blue-black) on the South Property. I found a big descent and almost did a handstand going down it, the others wisely took the bypass. We picked up 21 (green) at the end of 22, ran into a traffic jam at the end of 21 and took a left above Lake Christy, circled around Roxy's Way (blue) and wound up at the top of Lake Christy, went up and down a couple of the east side approaches to Lake Christy (black), then broke for lunch.

After lunch, we circled around S-4 to the Quarry, but it was mobbed as usual, so we went down and did the blue-black portion of Snakebite, then Tim and I did Camel Back (black). We forgot about the Quarry and headed back to the East Property to do Tatas, which now takes about an hour on a good day. We did some of the black bits in Tatas then headed out, but ran up behind a large guided group that I think was from Southern Delaware Jeep Club. We griped over the CB about the hold-up, then I proceeded to drop my front diff behind one rock and my left rear in front of another and had to be bumped back up with Jeff's winch. I think my rear E-Locker may not have been pulling in reverse -- next time around it's Ox Lockers with a full mechanical engage! We never did catch back up with the big group.

By the time we got out of Tatas, it was after 4:00 and we headed back to the parking lot. Karen took 2,500 photographs -- enough so you can watch old Slowpoke crawling in slow motion if that's your idea of fun. We are culling them down and will post the best of them on this thread asap. Thanks to Tim, Tom and Jeff for a great day. The weather was perfect -- 59 and sunny all day, and the only trail damage was Tim's tailpipe extension that got knocked off on Camel Back and, with Jeff's YJ making it back to the parking lot, no breakage. Hope to see all of you on the 26th at Anthracite!

• I'm just here for the pics! I don't ever understand trail layouts and whatnot, even if I do recognize the more famous trail names.

SDJC did have a group @ RC this weekend. it may have been them you ran into.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• For more of Karen's photos, go to the Gallery and click on Albums.

• Great report and photos! :driving:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Great pics, Karen!

Jeremy, that pic on the rock slide doesn't quite show Jay's maximum, ummm, verticality. Is that a word? Anyway, the pinball machine was close to going, TILT! Those rocks were pretty mobile and one managed to get under his rear wheel just as he was starting over another big rock, so it was like double elevation. Not sure who was braver, Karen snapping pictures from below or Jay saying, "Ho hum, another 65 degree descent."

• Thanks Jay for leading the group and the great trail report. Karen the pictures are Awesome!!!
    It was a great day to be out and on the trail. I enjoyed wheeling with everyone and I hope to see you all on the trail later this month.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!