DEJA Tumblers for sale....should we do more?

• As a last minute whim we bought 4 Ozark Trail tumblers to be sold at last weekends meeting, Clendaniel cut DEJA stickers to go on them and we sold all 4. Just checking to see if there is more interest and if we should buy more. The next meeting is also the JFJ event so I don't really want to sell stuff there but in theory we could have some and we could also have them at the member party in January (for sale and/or giveaways). I'm not looking for a firm commitment but if you'd be interested in buying one please post up the preferred size (20/30oz) and color of the tumbler/sticker.

Someone can find the videos on youtube but everything I've seen shows the Ozark Trail ones are just as good as the Yeti and RTIC cups and they're 1/3 of the price. In theory we could sell just the stickers too but that's not as much fun.

• Personally confirmed on the comparison between the Yeti cups. I filled my Ozark 30oz with ice cubes from my home freezer (ice tray style cubes) on Saturday afternoon and dumped a sizeable ice chunk out of the cup on Monday morning. Cup was sitting on my kitchen table, untouched, and the ambient temp was about 70*. My buddies from work who have Yeti cups did the same test over a weekend. Left the cup filled with ice over the weekend and on Monday morning there was still ice in the cup. But they also paid 3x what I did. :tsk:

I feel like I need an orange DEJA sticker for my Ozark cup now that Ian said that at the meeting! I have two requests though, 1. Do we have any decals that match the logo on the club tshirts? 2. If not, can we get the above logo with square headlights? :whistling:

**DEJA Selling Point** A friend at work said she can fit 2 cans of beer in her Ozark cup.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have two requests though, 1. Do we have any decals that match the logo on the club tshirts? 2. If not, can we get the above logo with square headlights? :whistling:

1. The regular round one (in the top left of this page) or the one on the back of the hoodies (technically not our logo)? Either way they would have to be stickers, vinyl would be impossible to weed. There's these: http://www.cafepress.com/delawarejeep.1795872686 I could create ones for the image on the back of the hoodie if you're planning to order.
    2. We stole that image off the intarweb. Finding a square headlight version and adding DEJA would be the easiest way. Let me know if you find one :)

• 1. The regular round one (in the top left of this page) or the one on the back of the hoodies (technically not our logo)? Either way they would have to be stickers, vinyl would be impossible to weed. There's these: http://www.cafepress.com/delawarejeep.1795872686 I could create ones for the image on the back of the hoodie if you're planning to order.2. We stole that image off the intarweb. Finding a square headlight version and adding DEJA would be the easiest way. Let me know if you find one :)

Yeah the round logo like on the back of our club shirts.. like the red one Bob was wearing at the meeting. If that had to be a sticker like you said then I don't think it would stand up to repeated washing. Hmmmm...

The square lights was just a joke. I'd just order the vinyl like pictured in your post and use an exacto knife to square the lights. I know I'm in the minority as a YJ guy so there'd probably be very little demand for the effort it would take to produce one.

Oh, and you forgot your disclaimer in your original post... **Some assembly required**

• I was half tempted to get one on Saturday. After watching the comparison video I am defiantly interested at buying either one. As for color Id go with the black.

"When your life is about to pass before your eyes, make sure it's worth watching." - Unknown

• They're pretty nice. I'd do more. Can they be laser etched or something instead of having the vinyl decal? My decal didn't fit exactly right because of the taper of the mug. I have to do some trimming.

Just a thought.

Maybe we could make these a raffle prize at the Jeeps for Joy or Christmas meet?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• They're pretty nice. I'd do more. Can they be laser etched or something instead of having the vinyl decal? My decal didn't fit exactly right because of the taper of the mug. I have to do some trimming.

Just a thought.

Maybe we could make these a raffle prize at the Jeeps for Joy or Christmas meet?

I like the idea of the raffle prize, John! Great idea! Did you get the 30oz or 20oz cup?

• Who has a bunch of free time?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hmm....nothing much on Mondays anyway

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• My son will be home Thanksgiving week. That sounds like something he would get into. (It would also keep his mind off the making a still)

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• If someone is interested in playing I could cut them and leave the negative space when weeding.

FYI- for those that got them and have less than perfect stickers let me know...there were some technical difficulties (cutter had been stored in the garage since we moved) with dust on the rollers so it was feeding funny. I'll cut replacements once I get busy with some q-tips and rubbing alcohol.

--Ian

• I would be interested in 2 of them if the etching turns out nice.

@Slimer I am also free the next two Mondays if u want some help

If you're afraid of struggle, then you're afraid of growth. You have to go through it to get to it. Let it build you, not break you.

• If someone is interested in playing I could cut them and leave the negative space when weeding.

--Ian

@clendaniel - I'll take ya up on the offer. I have a bunch of old aluminum signs I can practice on before I attempt the tumbler. I'll look through my my stack of stickers and see if I have any vinyl decals that may work as well. whenever you cut your next batch of decals, just save me the negs and I can use them for practice. It doesn't really matter what the negs are of right now.

• Took a first shot at it. I used my battery charger on 2 amps after watching a good YouTube video. I only did 2 passes on each decal and probably should've spent a little more time in some areas as well. I think 4-5 passes probably would've given me more of a crisper outline and darker shade to it. this is aluminum so it may be that it etched and little different than stainless steel too. I'll spend and little time tomorrow buffing the slag/excess down with some steel wool.

I was somewhat skeptical that this would work at all. I've been pleasantly proven wrong! I even free handed an initial too! :thumbup:

• Not bad. Using a qtip will give a smaller pattern I guess. I was thinking of the battery charger too. What happens if you used a higher setting?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Not bad. Using a qtip will give a smaller pattern I guess. I was thinking of the battery charger too. What happens if you used a higher setting?

I'm not sure with the higher setting. The video I watched, the guy was using some sort of stencil with a mesh filler to brand a knife. I think he was just afraid to burn up the mesh part of his stencil so he used the lower setting. It was like a 30 minute video so I kind of lost interest in the middle somewhere. Apparently Shrek was more interesting to the kids and I.

The process will take a little tweaking to get just right. I set the cotton ball down, counted to 5 and then moved to the next spot. I think a couple of things like changing the cotton ball more often, overlapping the burn ins a little more, more passes, etc. would give it a better look too. Also, I was getting apathetic when I got to the SDJC logo so that accounts for the cloud pattern around the exterior of it. Keep in mind that if I was doing a negative space type of decal, the burn patterns probably won't be as noticeable or they'd overlap more so that the patterns would disappear.

With this being a first time, I didn't want to jump the gun and go full bore. Knowing my luck, I'd have burned the house down! Lol. I watched another video where they used a salt water bath and dipped the whole part into it and let it etch the metal of a belt buckle. I also watched a few videos of using paint to hydro dip items. I've been wanting to give that a try too!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!