LED headlights

• Well all my aux lights are relatively cheap Amazon buys, so that would make sense. I almost 100% listen to my iPhone in the car and rarely use the aux lights, so it's not a big deal, but def wouldn't want it with headlights.

• Pulled the trigger yesterday! Got the regular (not Stealth) version of the Q-tec lights for $269.99 and free shipping. That wasn't a Black Friday deal -- anyone with the club discount should be able to get that price.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Installed them tonight. Easy install, fit great, and took about 30 minutes of which included setting up the tripod/camera and taking pictures. My initial impression is that I'm unhappy with them. While the high beams are phenomenal, there is a very distracting hot spot when on low beams. Seeing how I have low beams on 97% of the time, it'll probably be annoying enough that I'll return them.

First two are low/high with OEM halogens, second two are low/high with the Quadratec stealth LEDs, and the last picture is an iPhone pic that really demonstrates the hot spot while on low beams. Up close it's not that noticeable but once I backed up the two headlights pinpointed to the hotspot. Combine that with JK buckets that can only be adjusted up and down and I'm stuck. I'm going to drive them for the next two days. But unless something changes I think they'll be going back. Bummer.

• Mine have the hot spot, but it's a bit larger. That's supposed to be the main beam for distance driving. You can add another adjuster to aim the lights left/right. I bought them but haven't added them.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• In the end I couldn't cope with the hotspot no matter how I aimed them. Boxed up and heading back to Quadratec tomorrow.

i tend to think I would feel the same way. cruising steady on straight highway, they might be ok. I think it would get annoying on curves though. I drive a lot of twisty back roads so I would want an even pattern

• i tend to think I would feel the same way. cruising steady on straight highway, they might be ok. I think it would get annoying on curves though. I drive a lot of twisty back roads so I would want an even pattern

That was the problem. Tolerable on straight stretches but when taking turns, even in a neighborhood, the hotspot would travel around the turn just behind your vision when looking through the turn. Was very distracting to me.

• Round 2: 2017 OEM LED lights. First two pics are low/high of 2013 OEM halogens about 10' away from garage. Second two are low/high of 2017 Mopar LEDs about 10' from garage. Third two are the new lights about 60' from the garage. Last one is low beams behind my development. Low beams are very even with zero hotspots and really hit the ditches. Flicking on the high beams leaves the lows on and simply adds another 3 LEDs for highs that really light up down the road. Sorry, forgot to take a high beam pic on the road.

• Neither did I. But after following a thread on another forum I discovered they are now an option offered on 2017 Sahara and Rubicon packages. I took the cheapest place I could find them online and had Quadratec price match them. Kind of pricy but I really like them over the halogens.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!