LED headlights

• The Quadratec Stealth 7" LED headlight are rated at 1169 lumens on highbeam, and 619 on lowbeam. Just so I can sort of quantify the difference, can anyone tell me the lumens that the OEM headlights put out? How about halogen headlights? (I think I'm using halogens I got from Quadna.) Aside from the cool look and all that, I'd like to be able to do an "apples to apples" comparison on the light that that will be thrown out ahead of my TJ. Any other metrics I should consider?

I see that the Stealth headlight has dropped in price by about $75! The install seems fairly easy (read: idiot-proof). Thinking of pulling the ol' trigger. Thanks.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• I'm pretty sure these are the ones that @whatevah runs. I don't know what the OEM light output is but I will tell you that the LEDs aren't even on the same level as stock or halogens! LEDs are definitely the way to go if you can foot the cost . Come tax time, I am going to be picking up a set of Trucklites unless something better comes around before then.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• FWIW, according to the Qtec rep I chatted with online, the Qtec LEDs are the same lumens as the TruckLites. May be worth double checking, but that's what I was told.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Yup, I have them and love them. I'd guess three times the effective light of stock headlights? Maybe a bit more. The problem with trying to measure the brightness is where you do the measurement as the beam patterns aren't the same.

Obviously, I don't have any photos of stock TJ headlights, but I have this comparison available... Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

JK headlights with Silverstar bulbs vs the LEDs. The silverstar bulbs are probably twice as bright as stock TJ halogens.

If you don't buy them before the JFJ event, we can do a comparison side by side there.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• FWIW, according to the Qtec rep I chatted with online, the Qtec LEDs are the same lumens as the TruckLites. May be worth double checking, but that's what I was told.

Unfortunately, Qtec hasn't developed or marketed the 5x7 headlights for YJs or XJs so my only options right now are Trucklites or NightSun lights. NightSun just released news of a new 5x7 LED headlights that looks comparable to the Trucklites but there's no pics yet of the beam pattern. Depending on that info being put out soon, I'll see if they have good reviews.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Speaking of brightness... I've had both the Trucklite and Quadratec in my Jeep and prefer the Quadratec lights. I did a side by side comparison of my Qtec lights vs a TJ with Trucklites and the Trucklites were brighter in some parts of the beam pattern, but the Qtec beam pattern was more uniform and factory-like.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• No experience with the Quadratec or trucklites but I got the KC Gravity ones and was blown away by how much nicer the light is. It's amazing because even though they seem ten times brighter from the driver seat, they look dimmer when facing the Jeep so I don't blind oncoming traffic anymore.

I also like the look of the lamps themselves for some reason. They have a darker look to them.

• No experience with the Quadratec or trucklites but I got the KC Gravity ones and was blown away by how much nicer the light is. It's amazing because even though they seem ten times brighter from the driver seat, they look dimmer when facing the Jeep so I don't blind oncoming traffic anymore.

I also like the look of the lamps themselves for some reason. They have a darker look to them.

I don't feel as bad about driving over your passenger side flare now that your drivers side is also bent. :driving:

• im holding out for the trucklights with the heating coil running through the lenses...gotta melt off all that snow

I haven't really noticed a problem with my non-heated Qtec lights, although I do use the windshield pre-treatment sprays for ice.

Jerry / Whatevah

• I have asked people running LED headlights about this and none have had problems with ice buildup.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

I've been running the 5x7 trucklite's in the CJ-10 for about a year and a half. Didn't notice issues in the snow last winter but then again with CJ hvac it's more of a chore to keep the window defrosted than the headlights. :P

--Ian

• True dat! I've been thinking of getting a majave heater on the Christmas list.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• yea, I figure if im going to buy "lifetime" lights, ill go big

on a side note, I have radio interference when I put my light bar on, and I had radio interference when I tried LED bulbs in my suburban. are any of you getting interference with LED headlights in TJ's?

• Haven't noticed interference from my Qtec lights, but I do listen to satellite 99℅ of the time. I'll check tonight on the drive to work.

Jerry / Whatevah

• No interference noted from my Quadratec LED headlights. Generally the interference is from cheap ballasts (cheap HID lights do this, too), so most of the LED offroad lights generate RFI. Sadly, some of the lights from the big brands generate noise, not just the knockoffs.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!