Installed 2.5inch suspension lift

• Hello all,

I installed a 2.5" suspension lift this past weekend on my 2004 TJ Rubicon, and noticed the rear driver side is higher than the passenger rear side. About an inch and a half. Not really sure what I did wrong or what needs to be adjusted. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• It is a Rough Country 2.5" suspension lift with new springs, shocks, adjustable upper/lower control arms, adjustable front and rear track bars, and quick disconnect sway bar links. Premium N2.0 Series shocks, and rear track bar drop bracket.

• At first glance I'd venture you don't need the brackets if you have adjustable trackbars. The brackets are to allow stock trackbars to be used with the taller suspension. But adjustable trackbars can be extended out to allow the axles to be recentered beneath the frame which will ultimately keep the axle from binding up and also make it easier to align the front.

Did you have difficulty getting the bolts installed in the rear control arms and rear trackbar? Is the rear axle perfectly centered? Did you install a transfer case skid plate drop kit?

• The Bolts went in fairly easily on rear control arms and trackbar, a little more work on front, but got them in. No I did not install a transfer case skid plate drop kit, did not think I would need one. Would that be something I should put on? Also, I am trying to figure out the best way to get rear axle perfectly centered. It is off about an inch. What do you recommend to get axle centered? I am new at all of this, so it is a learning experience for me.

• You should be able to use the adjustable track bar to center the axle. It's possible the new track bar is a bit long as typically adjustable ones aren't needed below 4" of lift. That could possibly be causing a little twist in your ride height but it's tough to say. I have seen some brands will actually have a left and a right rear spring (old man emu used too). The longer one when on the passenger rear to offset the torque and suspension squat. Maybe try switching the springs. Lastly, knowing The quality of rough country parts, I'd check to make sure they didn't give you the wrong size spring.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!