TJ headlight adjustment screws

• My 1998 TJ uses T15 torx screws to both hold the headlight housing to the frame, and also to hold the chrome bezel that surrounds the housing. I've lost some of those screws, and, almost unbelievably, the local Jeep dealer can't get them for me. Can anyone recommend a substitute screw? Perhaps a sheet metal screw of some sort? (I'm guessing these are readily available at the usual hardware stores.) Thanks.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• No doubt a metric thread, or a #6 or #8 SAE. Your best bet is to pick up a couple of each at the local hardware store and try them until you find the right one.

Or find someoone who has a junker and grab the screws off it.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Also Smyrna Hardware is known to have alot of odd stuff. I haven't been disappointed yet

If you're afraid of struggle, then you're afraid of growth. You have to go through it to get to it. Let it build you, not break you.

• I'd second the idea about Tractor supply, but add the thought of Felton Hardware. I was able to get the right bolts for my door surrounds there when other sources failed.

Absolutely! They have a pretty good assortment of hardware for how small that place is. I figured Tractor Supply works for Jim since he passes it daily to/from work, but Felton Hardware is always a good option.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!