TJ Pads and Rotors

• My brakes are letting me know its time to replace the pads in the front. I told myself that next time I had to put pads on, I was going to upgrade to better pads and rotors. Any suggestions? Front D30, 35' tires and just over 4,000lbs.

thanks

• i have been running the "store" brand from auto zone. bought their mid grade pads and rotors and have had no issues, I run 35's and am weighed down with a bunch of skids and winch.

• There are a lot of good options now, but I've been pretty loyal to Hawk pads. Their LTS pads are a great choice for heavy Jeeps, although the HPS will be a nice upgrade over stock. Any slotted rotor will work nicely, the slots take brake-fade to almost zero. I saw a big difference right after I put PowerSlot rotors and the Hawk LTS pads on my Cherokee. Stopped way shorter and no brake fade.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!