March 2017 Meet & Greet (Cabelas)

• Select a Date & Time for the event: 16

1. March 11th (8) 50%
    2. March 18th (8) 50%
    3. 8 AM (5) 31%
    4. 9 AM (13) 81%

Seeing as how we have a meeting in Dover this month, I opted to arrange this little shindig up here. There's 2 options for dates and 2 options for time. The venue will be at Cabelas as I did not receive any suggestions in last month's M&G thread. It was a really good turnout when we had it @ Cabelas last year... hoping for the same this time around. Feel free to share the event with whomever and invite people out. I will also create a Facebook event and post the link here as well.

Note: The DEJA trail ride and also the DNREC beach grass planting event are both scheduled for the 18th as well for those who may have signed up for either of those.

Voting is open until 8pm on 3/9... 4 votes per person... votes can be changed

Image courtesy of J. Horn (Whatevah)

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Edited 3 times, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• Fwiw, I don't think the store opens until 9.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Since the weather may be poopy this weekend maybe next weekend would be better.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Sorry y'all for the delay in finalizing this. Let's play for next weekend and hope for better weather than were supposed to have tomorrow.

Final Details:
    Cabelas
    Saturday March 18th
    9am

• Well, the impending Snowpocalypse tonight may make this weekend's meet & greet a bit interesting. Temps this week aren't supposed to be very warm so I'm sure if we get any sizeable accumulation, it will stick around until Saturday (or longer). While this won't stop most Jeeps from being able to get out to the event, there may be reduced parking space due to plowed piles of snow. Just a few things I want to note:

1. IF we get more than a few inches, I will stop by Cabelas later in the week (Wed or Thur) to see how they've managed their parking lots. Depending on the state of things, there may be a slim chance that we may have cancel.

2. If there are mounds of snow, playing on them is an "at your own risk" type of venture. I personally would ask that we respect Cabelas property and stay off of them to avoid any damage to their property. This is NOT a DEJA sanctioned event, yet a lot of us are sporting member stickers so we should conduct ourselves accordingly so as not to put DEJA in a bad spot. With that being said, if the store manager sees our little gathering, comes out and says, "Hey y'all, it'd be pretty awesome to see y'alls Jeeps on those mounds of plowed snow and take pics with our store in the background!" then I'm gonna be the first one in 4wd! :saint:

3. I'm thinking of picking up a few dozen donuts and a Box o' Joe from Dunkin Donuts for those who come out. I ain't rich so they'll be first come, first served. Cabelas does have a small cafe that serves breakfast sandwiches and the like as well.

4. Cabelas does open at 8am now. Found that out this past Saturday when I got there "early" for a sale they had going on. Website says 9am but there were a surprising amount of people there, already in the store shopping (and obliterating my only reason to go to the sale), when I got there @ 8:40! :doh: So I asked the guys standing at the firearm check-in station and they said the hours were changed a few months back. :shrug:

Well, hopefully all of the above posting will be a moot point by Saturday and we'll have a good turnout like we did last year! At the very least, my fingers got some good exercise typing all of this out. :D

• Hey, looky there.. my calendar synced over from the old phone!

Edit: I just had a new calendar entry pop up but I don't think it's a DEJA event... you can see it when you open the pic though :saint:

• Not sure I wil make it. I'm supposed to run in the Beau Biden 10K on Saturday. Should be fun running Xcountry through this snow. :spinrhead: :cuss:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!