**Surf Fishing Tournament 2017 - July 2nd**

• PM sent

• PM sent

Darn...snoozed and lost. Oh well. I'm trying to win the battle of bringing the pups with us. I don't expect to win it though. They'll probably be going to camp bow wow. We may just come down super early Sunday to watch the sunrise/sleep on the beach

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• john I can ask around to see who else has a spot . I'm coming down solo and do dot require much space

Darn...snoozed and lost. Oh well. I'm trying to win the battle of bringing the pups with us. I don't expect to win it though. They'll probably be going to camp bow wow. We may just come down super early Sunday to watch the sunrise/sleep on the beach

John I can ask around to see if anyone else has a spot, I'm coming down solo and don't need much room and just hoping to stay one night

• Tacklemom and yobob are in. I will down from Thursday pm thru Tuesday pm meandering eastern Sussex. Yo will be down Friday night. If anyone wants to fish before Sunday hit me up via text 3024375040.

• Tacklemom and yobob are in. I will down from Thursday pm thru Tuesday pm meandering eastern Sussex. Yo will be down Friday night. If anyone wants to fish before Sunday hit me up via text 3024375040.

A bunch of us will be down starting Friday. Make a left when you turn onto Navy Crossing and go ~200yds past the big dune.

I'll be down at the ass crack of dawn Saturday morning....hopefully the forecast changes .....20mph winds out of the South with 4-5 foot surf

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Thanks for the fishing report Spedly! I will check my supply of king rigs and resupply. Rack is on the jeep and ready to go.
    Stafford - thanks for the info-I will be on the lookout for everyone on Friday. I have some errands/stops to make on Thursday (way down) but once I hit the CHSP beach on Friday I have no agenda, just going with the flow. :) sounds like this will be a lot of fun, next year I will get a campsite. We were too late this year. If anyone needs a tent, let me know.

• Kathy and I will be staying at the Beacon Saturday and Sunday night

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• 1. Stafford
    2.Astape, in the pete
    3. Deadfeat + dog
    4. KnoxRents with family. Not camping but will be there Saturday on
    5. Slimer
    6. JKGray10 + Amanda
    7. Willf650 + 1
    8. Flutterby
    9. Woody
    10. Captain II
    11. Spedly + 2
    12. Whatevah - day trip
    13. jc1121 + jimmy

• Have plenty of fresh water, towels to dry them off, and of course bags for poop

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Official-ish rules:

Whatever is highest in the order below wins.

1. Longest fish (non-scale)
    2. Longest living thing (non-fish, horseshoe crab or human)
    3. Longest horseshoe crab
    4. Executive decision of BOD or whomever is capable of making a semi-rational decision at that point.

So if a 10" fish (#1) is caught and a 14" horseshoe crab (#3) is caught the fish wins because it's in a higher category, length doesn't matter unless you're comparing the same category. If only a horseshoe crab gets caught it wins because there's nothing in category 1 or 2. Tournament starts at 10am (try to be on the sand as early as you can to save room, remember no double stacking vehicles front to back) and goes until 3 but could go later if the judges are passed out or if nothing has been caught. Last year was the first year we've had a fish caught in several years, with Spedly's report above and a few people who can actually fish in the tournament I'm hoping we have something competitive.

Flag trophy linked earlier will go to the winner of the tournament, we'll hopefully remember to hand our tickets for the RTIC cooler to all members at some point during the day and draw a winner.

• Tides Sunday July 2nd 2017

High 4:08 am 3.9'
    Low 10:19 am 0.3'
    High 4:52 pm 4.2'
    Low 11:01pm 0.7'

Sunrise 5:43 am
    Sunset 8:32 pm

Moon will be 60%

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited 2 times, last by deadfeat ().

• In addition to the awesome trophy, I think we'll give away another RTIC 30 cooler to a randomly selected member in attendance. I think all DEJA giveaways will be RTIC 30 coolers from this point forward until I win one. :)

I bought a soft rtic 20 over the winter and it is now my favorite cooler. They are a sweet cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• So there is a 95% chance I just got royally screwed at work and will have to give up my vaca plans which means no tournament, working my bday and missing yet another Jeep event! Anyone want to buy out my reservation? I'd rather offer it up here before I let the campsite go back into the genpop and have to pay a cancellation fee.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• well with Jeremy bailing I'm back to square one...anyone else have room for another tent one person for just one night ??

• 1. Stafford
    2.Astape, in the pete
    3. Deadfeat + dog
    4. KnoxRents with family. Not camping but will be there Saturday on
    5. Slimer
    6. JKGray10 + Amanda
    7. Willf650 + 1
    8. Flutterby
    9. Woody
    10. Captain II
    11. Spedly + 2
    12. Whatevah - day trip
    13. jc1121 + jimmy
    14. Skeets
    15. Blkrubi. Just day trippin

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!