**DEJA Poker Run/Early Summer Bash @ Schaefer's Canal House June 10 '17**

• We're trying something new this year and I think it's going to be pretty cool. We're going to do a poker run that ends at Schaefer's Canal House with a Meet N Greet.

WHO: Anyone is welcome to attend and hang out at Schaefer's. The more the merrier and we hope to see some new faces. To actually win the poker run you must be an official DEJA member.

WHAT: @whatevah and @sandtostand are gonna have to help clarify this but it's gonna work something like this. We'll have two routes, one coming from the north of Schaefer's and one coming from the south. We'll give you a starting location to stop at to pick up a card, there you'll get the next one, etc until you end up at Schaefer's. 5 cards? 3? Help me out here @whatevah. :) There will be some pretty measurable prize(es) for the best hand(s) and everyone who does the poker run will get something.

Don't feel like doing the poker run? Cool, all good. Just show up at Schaefer's for some libations.

WHEN: Saturday June 10th, ~3pm arrival at Schaefer's. I think Jerry is planning for the poker run to take 1-2 hours depending on where you are starting from.

WHERE: Schaefer's Canal House - 208 Bank St, Chesapeake City, MD 21915 - http://www.schaeferscanalhouse.com/ It's 5 minutes from Middletown, DE, anyone who says "but it's in Maryland!" gets my foot someplace uncomfortable. :) We'll have part of the back deck reserved just for us plus we should have access to cornhole boards and plenty of room to hang out. It will be an outdoor bar atmosphere but it's absolutely kid/family friendly.

WHY: We're trying something different to see how it goes. We have a bunch of "classic" DEJA events we do very successfully every year but we want to try new stuff to keep it interesting.

POKER RUN RULES: Do not open the envelopes, look for Jerry "Whatevah" at the restaurant to check in. Each club member in the vehicle can get their own envelopes. One envelope per person per site - each site is numbered. You can do all southern route sites, all northern sites or a mix of both... but only 5 envelopes will be opened. A bonus 6th site will be located near Schaefers. Best 5-card hand wins. You may begin at any time Saturday morning, but must check in with Jerry before 3:30pm, the winner will be announced shortly thereafter.

POKER RUN ROUTES: posted here: **DEJA Poker Run/Early Summer Bash @ Schaefer's Canal House June 10 '17**

Post up and include whether you're doing the poker run plus whether you're coming from the north or south.

1. Stafford (I don't think I can win plus I'll probably be organizing Schaefer's)

• The poker run will be a dual poker run/ geocache route... They'll be mostly placed with or near geocaches, so you can try your hand at Geocaching if you wish. None will require 4x4, but expect one along the canal access road. The poker run will "officially" start at noon, to give plenty of time to enjoy the drive with your topless+doorless Jeep (or just the windows open)! But, I think you could safely do the entire route in 90 minutes if you got a late start. The final stop of the run will be in the parking lot at Schaefers, grab your last envelope and check in... further details will be posted closer to the date. We're looking for Jeep dealerships to sponsor one or two of the locations, if you have any contacts with dealerships in the area, let me know.

Geocaching is a hobby enjoyed by thousands across the world, where you use a GPS (either on your phone or a handheld hiking model) to find containers "caches" hidden in parks, forests, urban areas, anywhere. They contain a logbook and trinkets to trade or keep depending on the cache. Sometimes they'll have a trackable item that you log and move to another cache. The hobby is really about getting out and enjoying the world and finding cool spots and parks that you'd have otherwise never known about. https://www.geocaching.com/guide/

1. Stafford (I don't think I can win plus I'll probably be organizing Schaefer's)
    2. whatevah (managing poker run)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• 1. Stafford (I don't think I can win plus I'll probably be organizing Schaefer's)
    3. Kuntryboy816 + the whole fam damily :)

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• 1. Stafford (I don't think I can win plus I'll probably be organizing Schaefer's)
    3. Kuntryboy816 + the whole fam damily
    4.Skeets682 (poker run)
    5.Blkrubi (poker run)

4.Skeets682
    5.Blkrubi
    6. Captain II (In for poker run but if you need help setting up just let me know)

• ** please include if you're planning on doing the poker run or not. **

4.Skeets682
    5.Blkrubi
    6. Captain II (I can help with set up just let me know)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

4.Skeets682
    5.Blkrubi
    7. Captain In for the Poker Run

• ** Please include if you're planning on doing the poker run or not. **

3. Kuntryboy816 + the whole fam damily - poker run
    4.Skeets682
    5.Blkrubi

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• * Please include if you're planning on doing the poker run or not. **

4.Skeets682
    5.Blkrubi
    8. Imarammr Poker Run

If you're afraid of struggle, then you're afraid of growth. You have to go through it to get to it. Let it build you, not break you.

• How late will everyone be at the Canal House? would like to make it for a late beer, after around 7 PM

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

4.Skeets682
    5.Blkrubi
    8. Imarammr Poker Run
    9. Slimer + who knows in for Poker Run and a beer or 2

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

4.Skeets682
    5.Blkrubi
    8. Imarammr Poker Run
    10.Sandtostand plus 3 ( i'll be scoping out the local boat ramps, hoping to find a good one to ditch the jeep in the canal) pile of :censored:

4.Skeets682
    5.Blkrubi
    8. Imarammr Poker Run
    10.Sandtostand plus 3 ( i'll be scoping out the local boat ramps, hoping to find a good one to ditch the jeep in the canal) pile of
    11. Keith.eric for the Poker Run

4.Skeets682
    5.Blkrubi
    8. Imarammr Poker Run
    10.Sandtostand plus 3 ( i'll be scoping out the local boat ramps, hoping to find a good one to ditch the jeep in the canal) pile of
    12. Grningbear + family - poker run

4.Skeets682
      5.Blkrubi
      8. Imarammr Poker Run
      12. Grningbear + family - poker run
      13. Quadna & Icky - both doing the poker run and coming up from the south.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!