Stacked tool boxes - SOLD

• Can anyone help me with an approximate fair value for what I can list these on Craigslist? Or someone here make an offer?

66" tall * 36' wide * 22" deep

I have no idea what these are worth. I also know not the brand. It appears that he was in the process attempting to refinish them, maybe?

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• It depends a lot on the type of rollers the drawers have.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• It depends a lot on the type of rollers the drawers have.

Okay, next time I am there, I'll remove one out and check. They seem to glide very quietly; they don't feel like they are on roller bearings.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Open one with some weight in it and see how well they glide. That's the big test. Looks like Snap-on tool boxes tend to be red and have that chrome strip on the corners. Matco also has the chrome strip on the bigger tool boxes but the images I've seen are blue, some red.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Thats a old Snap on top and bottom box from the late 70's up to the early 90's if you look at the back on the box it should had a model number stamped in it. Looks like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snap-o…7e8bee:g:-xIAAOSw~y9ZBgt5 Condition plays a big part with what used tool boxes bring.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• From a quick Google search, that "Bergeys" badge on the top might be from one of the dealerships in PA (CLICKY HERE)... it could be an old mechanics box who used to work there. I'm about in need of a larger toolbox but I'm not rich either. If it's in decent condition I could probably break open my kid's piggy bank for it. Seriously though, if you come up with a price range for it, let me know.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Open one with some weight in it and see how well they glide. That's the big test. Looks like Snap-on tool boxes tend to be red and have that chrome strip on the corners. Matco also has the chrome strip on the bigger tool boxes but the images I've seen are blue, some red.

Thats a old Snap on top and bottom box from the late 70's up to the early 90's if you look at the back on the box it should had a model number stamped in it.

Thanks for the help, guys. I will load some stuff in one or two of the drawers and try them. and I'll pull them away from the wall and see what might be on the back.

~ JD

• I wish I had the tools to warrant a box like that

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• From a quick Google search, that "Bergeys" badge on the top might be from one of the dealerships in PA (CLICKY HERE)... it could be an old mechanics box who used to work there.

More likely Bergey's Trucks. They are right nearby; I know a few of the guys who work there.

~ JD

• I think if you got $400-$500 for that set up in that condition you'd be doing good. ^^

Yeah, in all seriousness, after I saw that ebay listing, my first thought was I might expect to get 10% of that. So I'll throw it up on Craigslist for $490, and accept any offer over $450.

~ JD

• I feel like I just watched an episode of Pawn Stars.

I feel like I am an unwitting participant in some kind of mashup episode of Pawn Stars and Storage Wars.

~ JD

• Too rich for my piggy bank...

But it's not your piggy bank paying for it. You already confessed your intent to embezzle funds from your kid.

~ JD

• We're at the point in the show where Altierior is pulling the cabinet away from the wall to look at the model number, says "Oh my god!" and then they cut to a commercial.

:hysterical:

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!