Lift and tire suggestions

• I guess the question is what are you going to do with the jeep. You can run 35 with a 2.5 inch lift kit on the road. If you wheel it lightly you will be ok. If you plan to wheel it a lot you should go to a 4 inch lift. If you stay with the 2.5 you will need to change a few other things for wheeling. I have an 07 with the 4 inch and an 11 with the 2.5 and high clearance fender flares. I wheel them both pretty hard.

• I have 35" MTR's that fit nicely with the 3.5" lift I have so Keith is right on with the sizes of suspension lifts he is talking about.

• I've been happy with my 2.5" lift and 35s, but I don't wheel it super hard (contrary to what you may hear). This is with a 2-door, you want more lift with a 4-door for clearance. I think 3.5" is a good choice for either 2-door or 4-door. Just keep in mind that you'll wear out the rear driveshaft faster with a taller lift. That's part of why I went with the 2.5" lift, minimal driveshaft issues.

ham radio

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Not to hi-jack thread- that looks like a vertical with radials possibly.. and a tuner?
    Simon WA3UAY

23' antenna on the back with a Wolf River coil. The tripod is supporting an Alpha Antenna matching unit with their whip (9' I think?) and 4 radials. Sitting on the passenger seat of the Jeep was my Icom IC-7300 with a tuner. This was last year doing the National Parks On The Air event. ~AG3Q

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Icom 7300, I want one bad. Or, maybe I'll wait for the 7610 which will be out soon. SDR is the future of radio. Ok on wolf river- and Alpa unit- you must have them set up to cover different bands.
    For mobile, I only have Kenwood TM71A, dual band Larsen on front left fender, plus cheap CB and Husler mid-coil ant. Right rear (2012 JK)
    For Shack, Kenwood TS590S, Icom 208H dual band/base ant. Vibroplex bug(s), tuner, need better HF ant.
    NPOTA was a great event- one I did not partake of, and one I regret!! Hoping for a re-do.
    Did you make a lot of contacts? And back to 'Lift and Tire suggestions'

I suggest if you have a DD, you cant do better than standard tires and Rubber (what i got)
    ''Course, I'm also an old fart (so they tell me) so what do I know?
    17" SRA's Sport Alum wheels, I'm getting an honest 20 mpg according to computer.

Simon

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!