***DeJA Trail Ride*** at Anthracite Re-Scheduled to June 17

• Now that's some tree hugging there! The video is excellent, but I wish I could see what it was down there you were backing away from! Good job on the extraction. I think I could have gone down that, but my fancy brakes might not have held that good.

*note to self: Jay is a good trail boss, but don't follow him too closely, especially downhill.

• The video is excellent, but I wish I could see what it was down there you were backing away from!

The small ravine was basically a tight V shape. It could have easily been driven had one entered the long end. Jay drove straight down one of the side 'walls', embedding his front bumper into the opposite wall. There was absolutely no way out but straight back up. The soil was soft, so his attempts to reverse out served only to dig his tires in.

Pictures are never able to do justice to our experiences on the trails, but I can offer this shot that my daughter took:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Good job on the extraction.

Thank you.

I think I could have gone down that...

You most certainly could have gone down. As could I. But it wouldn't have ended any different for either of us: front bumper in the dirt, with back bumper on the hook end of Wayne's winch.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!