Conservation Access Pass

• Conservation Access Pass

FYI... DENREC has announced that effective July 1, 2017, a "conservation access pass" will be required to drive onto state Fish & Wildlife areas, with some exceptions. Hunters will get one free pass with their hunting license, but all others (and additional vehicles) will require a pass to be on land administered by F&W. Details here: dnrec.alpha.delaware.gov/fish-…conservation-access-pass/

This will affect primarily geocachers, birders, photographers, etc since hunters are the primary users of F&W lands and they get a free pass. Most boat launch areas are exempt from the requirement and some fishing areas.
      Jerry / Whatevah
      2012 Rubicon - 2.5" AEV Dualsport XT lift, 315/70/17 MTZs, JCR Dagger winch bumper and engine skid, XRC Gen 2 rear bumper, Quadratec LED headlights, ACE side steps, ham radio with GPS tracker
      gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee on 35s
    • Conservation Access Pass

New

I fish in at least 3 of the places listed. Looks like another fee for me. I was actually fishing in a half acre pond on a wildlife area this morning but I don't see that wild life area on their list but I bet it was probably an oversight.

I just looked and they state a hunting licence gives you one of these access passes for a vehicle. A hunting license is cheaper than the access pass.

Edit. Just found out the access pass will be cheaper. The price of hunting licenses are going up July 1st.

The post was edited 2 times, last by willf650 ().

• New

i think this is a crock... I don't see how the license fees will even cover the associated overhead.
      Jerry / Whatevah
      2012 Rubicon - 2.5" AEV Dualsport XT lift, 315/70/17 MTZs, JCR Dagger winch bumper and engine skid, XRC Gen 2 rear bumper, Quadratec LED headlights, ACE side steps, ham radio with GPS tracker
      gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee on 35s
    • New

?( :rasp:
      Americans are not a particular people from a particular place or a particular religion. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, anywhere, is an American.