Protect Yourself while having fun outdoors

• I just finished up a seven day stay at the local hospital for what they are calling a "Tick Borne disease". They believe it was Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. It all started when I arrived home from the club fishing tournament @ Cape Henlopen State Park where I did camp for one night. I never saw a tic nor could the Dr's find a bite site. I started with a fever which quickly jumped up to 103 with shivers and sweats and an uncontrollable headache, if you experience these symptoms they say get to the ER as fast as possible, obviously I waited until Wednesday the 5th to go get checked out and It was already well underway. The first thing they did was a Lumbar Puncture which is just a fancy term for spinal tap, it took the Dr. 4 punctures before he got it right, yes I almost knocked his ass to the floor. They run multiple IV's with multiple antibiotics which kill all the bacteria , even the good, in your system. Then they put you on a Morphine drip combined with Perceset and Fioricet for the headaches. THIS IS NOT FUN and THIS IS ALL EXTREMELY PAINFULL.
    Anyway I am out now still with residual headaches and now taking oral antibiotics and a slew of other medications.
    This is my PSA of the summer, don't wind up like me ! Use DEET Bug sprays and check yourself and each other for any ticks, they are no joke !

• Glad you are finally on the mend! Been following and thinking about you guys!

FYI - caffeine might help with the residual headaches if they are from the multiple spinal tap attempts, at least when they screw up epidurals that's what they tell you! IDK if that will work in your situation or not but can't hurt to look into!

• I contracted "Alpha gal disease" from a Lone Star Tick two years ago. I am now allergic to red meat for an unknown time period. Took two trips to the ER for anaphylactic shock and some Google research to diagnose the problem. No treatment, just have to let it run its course. I got bit in Middletown, but a friend of mine who works at Cape also suffers from the same thing from a tick down there.

• @Slowpoke's assassination attempt to get on the BOD as Trail Boss failed, close though. I respect the creative use of biological warfare vs the classic cutting the brake lines

According to the bylaws of the Deja Convention, biological warfare is forbidden, except when sitting around the campfire ...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Thanks Jodie, I guess i'm just too old to hang with you guys.

Next time you can hotel it like Kathy and I did.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Wow, that's rough. Glad you are feeling better.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!