Tracking problem on 98 TJ

• On the way home from work a half hour ago, a guy who was behind me for a mile or two pulled up beside me at a light and told me that my 1998 TJ is not tracking straight down the road. It's crabbing a little. I'd like to take some measurements to verify his claim. Can someone please tell me 1) where I should measure, and 2) what is the common culprit. (Aaron 18 months or so ago you told me that I probably have the wrong size bolt in one of my rear lower control arms, causing some play. I never did anything about it. Could this be the culprit?) If anyone in the Dover area has expertise with this, I'll come to you for the lesson.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• It might just be the front axle being a little off-center from the trackbar. Do you have an adjustable trackbar, aftermarket fixed length, or a stock one? I say front trackbar first, since that one seems to have a more drastic change vs the rear. What's your rear trackbar arrangement?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!