any issue with running 16" wheels on a jk?

• I'm thinking about switching from 17" to 16" wheels (and new shoes) on my JKUR and was wondering if anyone has had experienced issues with the smaller wheels.

• The JK 2010 and newer will not fit most 16" wheels because the calipers are larger casting. The factory 16" steel wheels are much thinner than any alloy wheel so they will clear. I have never heard of anyone downsizing wheel size either, seems counterproductive to me...

• The JK 2010 and newer will not fit most 16" wheels because the calipers are larger casting. The factory 16" steel wheels are much thinner than any alloy wheel so they will clear. I have never heard of anyone downsizing wheel size either, seems counterproductive to me...

Why? Bigger isn't always better. Tire prices vary greatly based on wheel size along with tire style. A larger sidewall can give better tire flex offroad and a softer ride on road.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• I've read some signatures where people are running 15's. Not sure what years though (still jk). I never thought mine looked "big enough" without the sidewalls of a smaller wheel. I agree though that tire/money for a 15-16 is a better combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• i have a 2010 jku, bin running 16" steel rims since mile 3000 & no issues. Ive bin looking for 15" rims that fit because tires are a lot cheeper
    '

• cheaper, heavier and harder to balance with worse road manners, after running a 17" wheel on things now i would never go back, you still get plenty of sidewall flex off road, its not like your tire is squishing all the way up to the rim anyway

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!