Need help to ID AC hose, pls

• 2000 TJ 4.0 L Manual. I can't seem to find the replacement parts for the AC hose. Not sure what it calls, but I know it is not the discharge hose that goes to the passenger side of the lower radiator. This hose is coming from the canister below the power steering pump (driver side) and crosses the engine to the fire wall side canister (near the oil filter). Anyone have any suggestions.

Someone on the net has mentioned that this parts must order from Chrysler. So this will be my last resource.

TIA

Jeep TJ 2000 Current upgrade: Digital tire gauge. Next upgrade: On board toilet paper holder :P

• 55037517AB 1 J ER0 LINE, A/C Suction, Compressor to Accumulator

55037506AA 1 ER0 LINE, A/C Discharge, Compressor to Condenser

55037505AA 1 J EP0, ER0 LINE, A/C Liquid

• Thanks Mike for the parts number. But I am still having problems properly ID the hose I need. The diagram of those parts did not resemble the one I have. :(

Just wonder does anyone know a shop in northern DE that can weld or blaze aluminum tube. My AC hose has a tiny hole (1/16"). TIA.

:)

Jeep TJ 2000 Current upgrade: Digital tire gauge. Next upgrade: On board toilet paper holder :P

• I doubt anyone will weld it. The residue from the refrigerant and oil will contaminate the weld and there is really no good way to clean it.

Post a picture of the hose you are looking for. I'm sure we could ID it

• its also a good idea to just buy all new lines when the system is opened up for so long

• I could tig weld that tube, but the hole would be bigger when I'm done! If it has a hole in it, it might develop another one. They aren't expensive, I look on eBay for all of this kind of thing. Just look for brand name stuff shipping from the USA.
    Another option is to take it to a hydraulic hose place and have one made, but that's going to be spendy.

• The hose is from AC compressor (just below the power steering pump) to the passenger side just below the battery bay AC canister (blue color tape). I went to the dealer this morning, the part diagram is the same as the one posted above. It is the wrong diagram. The counter guy was nice but clueless. It is apparently a dead end

I can't upload the pic via ImageBanana :(

Hope the links work.

Edited 3 times, last by rockDAWG ().

• The hole is here.

Well... there is no new parts I can purchase from the dealer. The only way to get this repair is to find one on eBay, so far no luck, or get this repair. There are ton of videos on YT.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ac+hose+repair

Without a proper parts number, it will be hard to purchase anything thing used on the internet. :)

Edited 2 times, last by rockDAWG ().

• No I have not. But it is easy to me to just stop by napa since the parts is my car.

I did stop by autozone, but no luck of course.

Try to get a hold of Rick the welder in Newark, but he never answered his phone. He seems be the guy can do magic on welding aluminum.

• Have you considered splicing in a patch? I'd start with googling "a/c line repair kit" and then do some looking around from there. You may be able to patch that section with hose and never look back seeing how it's the low pressure side.

• Thanks for the heads up, quadna!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It seems easy enough.

• Also when you reinstall it I think it goes below your intake breather line.
    Looks like someone raised it for the on board compressor.
    Probably rubbing on your hood.

Sorry I did not give enough background info here. I took the AC hose off before before the picture was taken. The hose laid there to illustrate where the ends of the AC hose go.

I had a freak accident that a gust of wind blew the hood off and slammed it into the windshield creating a dent a long time ago. The hood was rubbing the AC hose for just a week, resulted the damage. The on board air was properly installed 15 years ago, and the AC hose has never moved. There was enough clearance even with the higher motor mount.

:)

• I might have what you need but I need to look around. Can't remember if I gingerly removed it or hacked it off of my TJ. I'll let you know.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I might have what you need but I need to look around. Can't remember if I gingerly removed it or hacked it off of my TJ. I'll let you know.

Have you ever gingerly removed anything? I thought most of your jeep got removed when it caught something on the trail.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!