"Not as Planned" - my 2017 adventure

• http://www.whatevah.com/not-as…e-across-the-western-usa/

The story is way too long for the forum, so check out the link. :) Around 445 photos... would be more, but I lost a memory card. I spent 3 weeks driving around the west. Wyoming, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, plus some unplanned time in Idaho. Hit some 4x4 trails, but not as many as I planned on.

Here are a few teaser photos...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Jerry, again I've enjoyed following your western adventure on Facebook. You may have mentioned it before and I just didn't catch it, but what did you use to take your pictures? And did you use something other than an unlimited data cellular plan to upload pictures from your remote locations? Thanks.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• @Chief57, I used my Canon T4i with 18-55 IS and 55-250 IS lenses (with UV or polarizing filters) for the bulk of the shots and my Honor 8 cell phone for the rest. I did borrow a few from my friend in Utah for the Mineral Basin trail. I actually didn't upload much on the trip, just a few from my phone when I had a chance. Combined, I had around 2700 photos... Narrowed those down to 445-ish for the story. Most of the photos are unedited, due to the time it would have taken to go through them all.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Wow , so jealous, what a fantastic trip.. And bringing the chainsaw paid off!!!

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• If you guys follow Quadratec on Facebook, they used my story on their website! https://www.quadratec.com/c/blog/tuesdays-tale-not-planned

Jerry / Whatevah

• Awesome! I am so happy I didn't miss the pics from FB. I read every word and clicked on every picture. I'm loving the jeep, the trailer, and driving the jeep. Really impressed with the plan and all the little road trips.

• Awesome! I am so happy I didn't miss the pics from FB. I read every word and clicked on every picture. I'm loving the jeep, the trailer, and driving the jeep. Really impressed with the plan and all the little road trips.

Thanks man, I was trying to swing through a little of NorCal, at least enough to see a few redwoods (and very tempted by the 'Con), but the brake story kinda made that not a good option.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Just read the story on Q'tec's site... great read and beautiful pictures... have to say the one with the rainbow is my fav.

They only posted a few of the photos, there are over 400 on my original blog. :) http://www.whatevah.com/not-as…e-across-the-western-usa/ It was pretty cool seeing the rainbow out on the trail.

I just skimmed through the article, bringing back memories!

Jerry / Whatevah

• Hehe you'd have loved it. They were all walking over to get a closer look at the Jeep. A group even came running from across the field.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!